Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you make a trade with the Cubs if..........

Ya can't teach speed...

Would you make a trade with the Cubs if..........

"General manager Jim Hendry would like to add a left-handed power-hitting outfielder who can play right field, as well as pick up some left-handed help for the bench. Hendry has what he calls "inventory" and is able to make a deal" (per MLB.com) ........The Cubs have a surplus of pitching with Mark Prior, Michael Wuertz, Rich Hill, Jason Marquis, Ryan Dempster, Sean Marshall, Kevin Hart and Sean Gallagher as well as infielders Ronny Cedeno and Mike Fontenot that they apparently are willing to consider trading. Obviously, the Cubs are looking for a left hand power bat and left handed help off the bench. The Reds have a surplus of left handed bats. Would you make a trade with the evil Cubs (divisional foes or not) and if so what would you billing willing to give up and for what in return
    Last edited by Triples; 11-29-2007 at 02:56 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you make a trade with the Cubs if..........

Not sure I like any of those pitchers better than Bedard, Kazmier, Peavy, Blanton, Haren, etc..............

I'd rather see Hamilton in a deal for one of the pitchers I mentioned above.

I would see if we could arrange a trade of Griffey Jr. or Adam Dunn(if we cannot re-sign him to a LTC) plus additional prospects to the Cubs for Rich Hill or Sean Marshall

Given the number of times we play divisional foes, I would not trade any of our power hitters for the Cubs' available pitchers.

I Would Do Griffey & Cash For Hill. I Probabley Not Like It But I Would Do It.

If rich hill is available its going to take alot more than an old often injured outfielder to get him. Josh Hamilton for Hill might be doable though. The cubs might be interested in griffey but they are not going to give up one of their top pitchers for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    If rich hill is available its going to take alot more than an old often injured outfielder to get him. Josh Hamilton for Hill might be doable though. The cubs might be interested in griffey but they are not going to give up one of their top pitchers for him.
    I would love nothing more than getting Josh Hamilton from the Cubs for $25,000 of whatever it was and then trading him back to the Cubs for quality left-handed pitching. I would enjoy that.

Griffey plus for Hill would be great!

Griffey for Marshall would be good.

I would NOT trade the Cubs Josh Hamilotn.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Griffey plus for Hill would be great!

Griffey for Marshall would be good.

I would NOT trade the Cubs Josh Hamilotn.
    Think of it this way would you trade homer bailey for cliff floyd. Granted griffeys better then floyd but then again hills more proven at the major league level then bailey.

I would trade Hamilton straight up for Hill. Hill's numbers are improving each year.

I'd keep Hamilton and not give the Cubs a lefty power bat that they desperately need and cannot fill from within. Go with Cueto, Maloney, and Bailey all in the rotation, if necessary.

By the way, Hill will be 28 at the start of this season, and only in his second year of pro ball. I wouldn't be surprised if MLB hitters figured him out soon.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

He's improved his stats all 3 years. Usually it's the second season that they're "found" out.

Griffey, Hatteberg, and Stubbs for Rich Hill and Mark Prior?

Put me in the Hamliton for Hill fanclub... that would shut me up about Snell!

Recovering Cubs Fan

Griffey and Freel for Dempster and Marshall.

That's one I could see the Cubs doing, if they miss out on Fukudome.

As others have said, they wouldn't give up Hill easily; definitely not for Junior.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Turn Off Ads?