Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mets Trade Milledge to Nats for Schneider and Church

Mets Trade Milledge to Nats for Schneider and Church

Mets Trade Milledge To Nats For Schneider And Church

According to SNY via Metsblog as well as WFAN, the Mets have traded Lastings Milledge to the Nationals for Brian Schneider and Ryan Church. More thoughts to come.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mets Trade Milledge to Nats for Schneider and Church

Another "5 tool" player for JimBo

Horrible trade for the mets imo

I remember when Lastings Milledge was a close to untouchable player a couple of years ago for the Mets. I checked out both Schneider and Church, and both of them seemed to be average players at best IMO. I would have thought the Mets would have tried to use Milledge in a trade to get starting pitching, but his trade value has really dropped.

Kind of a wash, IMO. Although Mets get a catcher.

Milledge = Church. Same player basically, but Church has a little more experience and playing time in the majors.
    Who's on first?

That’s all it took to get Milledge? I would have thought he would have commanded a lot more. Just shows how quickly the market should change when it comes to young players.

Hopefully the Reds take note and make a move if they get a good offer for one of their young prospects.

man... if Milledge was going for so low, we should have tried something!!! geez... Mets get ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    man... if Milledge was going for so low, we should have tried something!!! geez... Mets get ripped.
    No surprise, Bowden ALWAYS rips everybody off. :thumbdown
    Last edited by roby; 11-30-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I remember when Lastings Milledge was a close to untouchable player a couple of years ago for the Mets. I checked out both Schneider and Church, and both of them seemed to be average players at best IMO. I would have thought the Mets would have tried to use Milledge in a trade to get starting pitching, but his trade value has really dropped.
    As many rumors about trading him and as little as they let him play when he did come up, I think they have soured on him. Just a feeling but have felt that way for a while.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

My take on the trade is that it is pretty even. The Mets get 2 veterans to help them now, while the Nats, who don't expect to contend this year, get a player that has a chance to develope.

This must not mean we can get as much as we think for Josh Hamilton, huh?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Just an atrocious, indefensible trade for the Mets. Awful.

RotoHester

So let me get this straight, the last two "prize possessions" of the Mets were Scott Kazmir and Lastings Milledge. For those two they got Schneider, Church, and Victor Zambrano?

Holy smokes that doesn't seem fair!!!

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

omar minaya

and those of you that read moneyball and remember the part where billy beane talks with minaya probably arn't suprised...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Church is very solid, I went to the game where he dropped 8rbi on our Redlegs, but I have no idea what was going on in the Met's mind on this one.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Milledge was a time bomb in that clubhouse. Everyone, players, coaches, did not want to play with him. He has amazing talent, and a terrible attitude.
    Church is a solid #4 outfielder with some pop. Schneider is one of the best handlers of a pitching staff.
    In terms of talent, the Mets got ripped off, but in terms of who can help the team, they did just fine. While Milledge could turn into a star, I think the Nat's will miss Schneider behind the plate in terms of grooming their young pitching staff.

Milledge's lowered value was directly because of this attitude, so I think that it will have no effect on Hamilton's or Votto's trade value.

Turn Off Ads?