Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Digital Picture Frames

Digital Picture Frames

I've got my Christmas shopping done except my Mom. This year I was thinking of getting her one of these digital picture frames and then getting the rest of the siblings to submit me pics so I can scan them and load them.

From what I've seen they are kind if pricey. Anyone know of any good deals on line, what to look for/stay away from?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Digital Picture Frames

Just bought my parents one for Christmas at Brookstone.

It was $200 for 8 inch screen. I think the 10 inch were $249.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    what to look for/stay away from?
    The most expensive ones have a built-in modem and can connect overnight via dialup to receive pictures remotely. If you live far away from the recipient, this might be a desirable feature. Otherwise, you load pictures onto the frame directly via USB or flash memory.

Don't be fooled into thinking a screen is larger than it really is, thanks to the wide matting that the manufacturer's put between the screen and the edge of the frame.
    /r/reds

I ended up buying the Portable USA PU-8C after an exhaustive research process. I got it from Amazon after reading quite a few good reviews and comparing prices all over the place.

http://www.digiframes.com/related/73...mes-PU-8C.html
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Although you've already made your decision, GAC, I'll go ahead and add for those considering these that www.tigerdirect.com seemed to have some really good prices.

We considered these for gifts this year, but decided to wait. By next Christmas they'll hopefully come way down in price.

Tiger Direct was one of the first places I went to check. There were a couple I was seriously looking at and almost bought too. I spent about an hour researching and comparing various models before I bought the one I did.

I based my decision not only only the product specifications/features, but also the reviews of those who had purchased them.

Turn Off Ads?