Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Update! Les Miles it isn't!

Update! Les Miles it isn't!

Hallelujah! Now the Buckeyes will be back on their heels. The glory days of the '90s will return to The Rivalry.

ESPN reporting Michigan will announce Miles as their new head coach early next week. Ga. Tech's interim head coach will also be coming aboard as the new defensive coordinator.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Les Miles it is!

I hope Les Miles enjoys the annual beatdown at the hand of the Buckeyes as much as Lloyd did.

Poor Wolverine fans. You just got a man who belongs in an insane asylum as your head coach.

I love this. Michigan gets worse with an overrated coach and LSU will struggle to maintain their recruiting class and any momentum with the loss of both Miles and Pelini (Nebraska).

And Ohio State fans everywhere rejoice. This one is going to blow up in their faces. I'm disappointed the administration caved to public pressure. Brian Kelly was the clear choice for the job.

Through the process, I've come to realize there was a divide among different types of Michigan fans. Like all teams, some fans are Michigan fans first, college football fans a distant second. They follow everything Michigan does. They watch the Michigan games, but not a lot more. This isn't a Michigan thing, it's a college fan thing. Then there are the fans who love college football first, and Michigan a close second. They follow the sport very closely across the board, not just Michigan.

It's been with very few exceptions that the former are the ones who want Miles. They know that he's the coach of LSU and his team was #1 much of the year and he's a Michigan guy. The latter almost unanimously want no part of Miles.

I really think this was a poor decision by Michigan. Of course, I could be completely wrong. Itmight turn out great, but I wouldn't bet on it. The most important factor in his success or failure will be who he hires as assistants. I wonder if Gary Crowton will come with him or stay at LSU. Bellini is obviously not coming to run the defense. He better get great coordinators.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Hallelujah! Now the Buckeyes will be back on their heels. The glory days of the '90s will return to The Rivalry.

ESPN reporting Michigan will announce Miles as their new head coach early next week. Ga. Tech's interim head coach will also be coming aboard as the new defensive coordinator.
    You seem to excited about this hiring. Why? Les Miles is an awful coach. In addition to that he is an arrogant, pompous ass. Michigan went from having one of the classiest coaches in college football to now having the most classless coach. Les Miles has lost two games to unranked opponents this year and could have easily lost three more games. Bad hire for Michigan.

Attack Cat!

One of these day a large school is going to give Jim Grobe a chance as head coach. Whoever that school's rival is should be very scared.

As an Ohio State fan I'm pretty pleased with the Michigan choice, but I suppose we'll wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    You seem to excited about this hiring. Why? Les Miles is an awful coach. In addition to that he is an arrogant, pompous ass. Michigan went from having one of the classiest coaches in college football to now having the most classless coach. Les Miles has lost two games to unranked opponents this year and could have easily lost three more games. Bad hire for Michigan.
    Hey, its all about hiring someone who 'understands' Michigan.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Les Miles is an awful coach.

On behalf of UC fans everywhere, thank you.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

What great news on two different levels. Obviously I'm happy as a Buckeye fan to have them hire someone who doesn't seem like he's really the kind of coach who can return Michigan to the glory days of the '90s. I'm also very happy that UC gets to keep Kelly....for now at least. While I am an OSU fan first and foremost, I cheer for all of the Ohio teams and want them to do well. I think Cincinnati has something special in Coach Kelly. If he stays, I feel that the Bearcats will be the first in state team to beat the Buckeyes since <<insert name of team here and the year too 'cause I'm too lazy to look it up >>.

Big mistake by Michigan, while Miles is not an awful coach he is not a good fit for the blue and yellow, this has alumni pressure written all over it.
    Go Gators!

Can't say I'm too broken up over this one. Miles isn't a bum, but some of his decision making is, um, unique. But hey, LSU is undefeated in regulation this year!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    On behalf of UC fans everywhere, thank you.
    Ditto.

By the way, as a Buckeye fan also, thanks times 2.

Go sooners!

Miles press conference 12:50 CST; "topic unknown"

LSU has a game today.

Edit: no guarantee that time is right. Came from a BRLA newspaper website, which specified CST, but the team is in Alt, which is EST. easy real time error to make.

nola.com is saying the pc is to announce he is staying at LSU ... signed an extension.
    Last edited by SandyD; 12-01-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Turn Off Ads?