Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds #11 Prospect?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Dickerson

3 3.85%
  • Danny Dorn

11 14.10%
  • Carlos Fisher

4 5.13%
  • Juan Francisco

8 10.26%
  • Carlos Guevara

2 2.56%
  • Sam Lecure

1 1.28%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

23 29.49%
  • Tyler Pelland

5 6.41%
  • Adam Rosales

4 5.13%
  • Neftali Soto

1 1.28%
  • Daryl Thompson

3 3.85%
  • Justin Turner

1 1.28%
  • Chris Valaika

2 2.56%
  • Pedro Viola

3 3.85%
  • Brandon Waring

4 5.13%
  • Sean Watson

3 3.85%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Community Prospect Vote: #11

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Redszone Community Prospect Vote: #11

Vote for the player who you think is the Reds #11 prospect (the best prospect who is not yet on the list). We will go with this as far as you guys want to take it.

I will post a new list every 2 days with 10-15 options to vote on.

If you feel like making an argument on why a guy should be voted here, feel free to vote and state why you voted for that player.

If there is someone that is not currently listed as an option to vote on, vote for 'other' then just state who you want to vote for in the thread.

If there is anyone you would like to see as an option on the next poll, just say so and if they garner enough support, they will be placed on the next poll. Guys with the lowest amount of votes will usually be removed for the next few guys who were talked about in the previous thread.

Prospect 1 - Jay Bruce
    Prospect 2 - Homer Bailey
    Prospect 3 - Johnny Cueto
    Prospect 4 - Joey Votto
    Prospect 5 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect 6 - Drew Stubbs
    Prospect 7 - Matt Maloney
    Prospect 8 - Josh Roenicke
    Prospect 9 - Travis Wood
    Prospect 10 - Devin Mesoraco

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Community Prospect Vote: #11

I went with Kyle Lotzkar, who I think can become an ace. Chris Dickerson is a reserve outfielder, in my opinion. Danny Dorn is good, but his ceiling isn't as high as Lotzkar's. Carlos Fisher has potential, but he is inconsistent and may have picked up pitching too late. I think Juan Francisco and Brandon Waring have a lot of work to do with plate discipline before I count on them for anything. Carlos Guevara isn't even one of the Reds' top-three relief pitching prospects. Sam Lecure is a back-of-the-rotation starter at best. Ty Pelland might as well be called Wild Thing. Adam Rosales is good, but it's not like he has put up anything close to MVP numbers anywhere. I'm high on Neftali Soto, but he is very raw, so I'm reluctant. Daryl Thompson is one of the Reds' more underrated prospects, I think, but still, I'd say he's in that second tier with Carlos Fisher. Justin Turner is one of my favorite prospects, but I think he lacks tools. Chris Valaika's ceiling is too limited for #11. Pedro Viola is just as deserving as Roenicke, but I don't think Roenicke deserved to be in the top ten. I'd put Sean Watson ahead of Fisher and Thompson but not as high as Kyle Lotzkar.

Lotzkar, and he could very well be top 5 next offseason.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Sean Watson, he's higher than Lotzkar and has nasty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    Sean Watson, he's higher than Lotzkar and has nasty stuff.
    If Lotzkar is #11, I think I'm going with Watson as #12.

I went with Lotzkar as well. Doug, I think you should add Sean Henry to the next poll. I don't know much about him but looks like he has some pop in his bat, some speed and get get on base at a decent clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Prf15 View Post
    I went with Lotzkar as well. Doug, I think you should add Sean Henry to the next poll. I don't know much about him but looks like he has some pop in his bat, some speed and get get on base at a decent clip.
    Will do

Clearly Francisco. Has youth, talent, performance. .268, 25 homers, 90 RBIs in Low-A, high ceiing.

Lotzkar had a good couple of months and might take off. But Francisco has proven a lot more at this point and has all the tools. If he improves his plate discipline even slightly, imagine the power numbers he'll put up.

And Francisco has a rocket arm, according to the public reports.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Honestly, what difference is there between the 5th best prospect and beyond?

Different name, same question mark.

Would like to see Evan Hildenbrandt added pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Honestly, what difference is there between the 5th best prospect and beyond?

Different name, same question mark.
    Thats not true at all. Every guy left has different upsides, abilities, levels of play currently.... all kinds of different things.

I went with Watson. He had some trouble jumping to Sarasota, but I think he'll bounce back in '08. He and Lotzkar are extremely close though in my opinion.

I've voted Sean Watson the last couple polls. I think he's got some potential in the 'pen.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I can't believe Dorn is getting less support now than he was 3 or 4 picks back. I guess the allure of the unknown is strong.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I wonder how many people have been swayed with the Lotzkar talk? There hasn't been much talk of Dorn lately, just the solid support.

Turn Off Ads?