Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati/Colerain
    Posts
    1,288

    Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Off the top of my head I would say Oakland, Florida, Atlanta, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, and Baltimore would be some of the teams with the most interest in Josh Hamilton.


    I wonder if Oakland would go for a Blanton, Duchscherer, and solid prospect for Hamilton and a solid prospect?


    I wonder what Florida would think of a D-Train for Hamilton deal straight up? Would you do that? I'd have to give it some serious though?


    How about Hamilton for Tim Hudson straight up? Would they go for that?

    Hamilton for Noah Lowry and Corriea?


    Hamilton, Freel, and Belisle for Eric Bedard?



    Thoughts?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Id hate to give up Hamilton for Lowry so i probably wouldnt do that

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati/Colerain
    Posts
    1,288

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Id hate to give up Hamilton for Lowry so i probably wouldnt do that



    I honestly think I could live with a Hamlton for Lowry trade if it included a solid prospect or a solid reliever like Corriea. What kind of trade would you have in mind? In my opinion the Reds are a pitcher who can go 14-10 with a 3.95 ERA away from October baseball.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    His away ERA and whip scares me. not to mention his low k/bb ratio

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    85

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Maybe its just me but I think you are severly overrating Hamilton in some of those trade offers.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    135

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    I honestly think I could live with a Hamlton for Lowry trade if it included a solid prospect or a solid reliever like Corriea. What kind of trade would you have in mind? In my opinion the Reds are a pitcher who can go 14-10 with a 3.95 ERA away from October baseball.
    How about Hamilton and Ross for Lowry, Molina, and Correia?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati/Colerain
    Posts
    1,288

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Quote Originally Posted by scuba17 View Post
    Maybe its just me but I think you are severly overrating Hamilton in some of those trade offers.

    Maybe a little bit in the Bedard and Hudson offers but if Josh Hamilton can stay healthy and play 150 games a season he has MVP potential. Look at his numbers in limited time as a rookie when he hadn't even played in over 2 years. The sky is the limit for this kid. The only turn off from other teams is his health.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    515

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Look what teams are willing to give up for miguel cabrera ... I think a healthy Hamilton could means as much or more to a team, IMO ... I hate to give him up unless the return really benefits us ... I don't know why people constantly undervalue him in trades .... I think Bearcat's proposals are fair

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    85

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    Look what teams are willing to give up for miguel cabrera ... I think a healthy Hamilton could means as much or more to a team, IMO ... I hate to give him up unless the return really benefits us ... I don't know why people constantly undervalue him in trades .... I think Bearcat's proposals are fair
    Hamilton would mean as much or more to a team as Miguel Cabrera?

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Texas really needs a centerfielder.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    way-east of cincinnati
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Texas really needs a centerfielder.
    I'll suppose it again, think they'd give up Wilson? I'd even give 'em a throw-in like Freel maybe. (that way one of 'em could play CF, while the other was on the DL)!

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    391

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    I've posted before that I would like too see the Reds go after Lowry. Oh course I didn't want too give up Hamilton or any other prospect with the name Hamilton, Bruce, Cuerto, Bailey, EE and Votto. However, I would use a Stubbs, Bray, Freel or Wood.

  14. #13
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,988

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Quote Originally Posted by scuba17 View Post
    Hamilton would mean as much or more to a team as Miguel Cabrera?
    If he stays healthy, easily Hamilton is the Reds best player. He also plays better defense than Cabrera. So I would say the short answer to you question is, yes.
    Hamilton has the ability to be the best player in the league. Not saying he will be, no one has more raw talent in the NL than Hamilton.

    Edit: But in no way is Hamilton worth as much as Cabrera in a trade. Cabrera has already proven it, Hamilton has not.
    Last edited by 757690; 12-01-2007 at 08:58 PM.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    135

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    His away ERA and whip scares me. not to mention his low k/bb ratio
    His road ERA was 3.97 and while his K's were down last year, he did strike out 172 in '05.

    Good thing about Lowry is the HRs allowed, only 12 in 156 innings. That's good news for GABP.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

    Quote Originally Posted by TN Red Fan View Post
    His road ERA was 3.97 and while his K's were down last year, he did strike out 172 in '05.

    Good thing about Lowry is the HRs allowed, only 12 in 156 innings. That's good news for GABP.
    Look at his road ERA the years before.

    Plus he pitches in a huge pitchers park and homers dont happen.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25