Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

Off the top of my head I would say Oakland, Florida, Atlanta, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, and Baltimore would be some of the teams with the most interest in Josh Hamilton.

I wonder if Oakland would go for a Blanton, Duchscherer, and solid prospect for Hamilton and a solid prospect?

I wonder what Florida would think of a D-Train for Hamilton deal straight up? Would you do that? I'd have to give it some serious though?

How about Hamilton for Tim Hudson straight up? Would they go for that?

Hamilton for Noah Lowry and Corriea?

Hamilton, Freel, and Belisle for Eric Bedard?

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Teams that would be interested in Hamilton..

Id hate to give up Hamilton for Lowry so i probably wouldnt do that

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Id hate to give up Hamilton for Lowry so i probably wouldnt do that

I honestly think I could live with a Hamlton for Lowry trade if it included a solid prospect or a solid reliever like Corriea. What kind of trade would you have in mind? In my opinion the Reds are a pitcher who can go 14-10 with a 3.95 ERA away from October baseball.

His away ERA and whip scares me. not to mention his low k/bb ratio

Maybe its just me but I think you are severly overrating Hamilton in some of those trade offers.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    I honestly think I could live with a Hamlton for Lowry trade if it included a solid prospect or a solid reliever like Corriea. What kind of trade would you have in mind? In my opinion the Reds are a pitcher who can go 14-10 with a 3.95 ERA away from October baseball.
    How about Hamilton and Ross for Lowry, Molina, and Correia?

Quote Originally Posted by scuba17 View Post
    Maybe its just me but I think you are severly overrating Hamilton in some of those trade offers.

Maybe a little bit in the Bedard and Hudson offers but if Josh Hamilton can stay healthy and play 150 games a season he has MVP potential. Look at his numbers in limited time as a rookie when he hadn't even played in over 2 years. The sky is the limit for this kid. The only turn off from other teams is his health.

Look what teams are willing to give up for miguel cabrera ... I think a healthy Hamilton could means as much or more to a team, IMO ... I hate to give him up unless the return really benefits us ... I don't know why people constantly undervalue him in trades .... I think Bearcat's proposals are fair

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    Look what teams are willing to give up for miguel cabrera ... I think a healthy Hamilton could means as much or more to a team, IMO ... I hate to give him up unless the return really benefits us ... I don't know why people constantly undervalue him in trades .... I think Bearcat's proposals are fair
    Hamilton would mean as much or more to a team as Miguel Cabrera?

Texas really needs a centerfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Texas really needs a centerfielder.
    I'll suppose it again, think they'd give up Wilson? I'd even give 'em a throw-in like Freel maybe. (that way one of 'em could play CF, while the other was on the DL)!

I've posted before that I would like too see the Reds go after Lowry. Oh course I didn't want too give up Hamilton or any other prospect with the name Hamilton, Bruce, Cuerto, Bailey, EE and Votto. However, I would use a Stubbs, Bray, Freel or Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba17 View Post
    Hamilton would mean as much or more to a team as Miguel Cabrera?
    If he stays healthy, easily Hamilton is the Reds best player. He also plays better defense than Cabrera. So I would say the short answer to you question is, yes.
    Hamilton has the ability to be the best player in the league. Not saying he will be, no one has more raw talent in the NL than Hamilton.

Edit: But in no way is Hamilton worth as much as Cabrera in a trade. Cabrera has already proven it, Hamilton has not.
    Last edited by 757690; 12-01-2007 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    His away ERA and whip scares me. not to mention his low k/bb ratio
    His road ERA was 3.97 and while his K's were down last year, he did strike out 172 in '05.

Good thing about Lowry is the HRs allowed, only 12 in 156 innings. That's good news for GABP.

Quote Originally Posted by TN Red Fan View Post
    His road ERA was 3.97 and while his K's were down last year, he did strike out 172 in '05.

Good thing about Lowry is the HRs allowed, only 12 in 156 innings. That's good news for GABP.
    Look at his road ERA the years before.

Plus he pitches in a huge pitchers park and homers dont happen.

Turn Off Ads?