Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rolen to Milwaukee trade rumor

Rolen to Milwaukee trade rumor

Scott Rolen To Milwaukee Rumors

Apparently intra-division trading is no problem for John Mozeliak and Doug Melvin. Here are two takes on the rumored Scott Rolen to Milwaukee deal.

* Tom Haudricourt talked to Doug Melvin and learned that nothing is imminent with the Cards. What's more, Melvin hasn't talked to the Cards for weeks. Hmmm. This trade would require the Cards eating some salary. Theoretically Ryan Braun would move to left field to accomodate Rolen. The Brewers could send over Chris Capuano and might try to act like Kevin Mench would sweeten the deal.
    * Buster Olney said this morning that the Cards "have had their most extensive talks with the Brewers" regarding Rolen. He also names Capuano as the likely target. Olney ponders whether the Cards would be compelled to pursue Miguel Tejada to replace Rolen at third base.

It looks like there could be a Rolen to Milwaukee potential trade with Capuano and Kevin Mench coming back to the Cardinals. I would be interested to see how this potential trade develops.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rolen to Milwaukee trade rumor

This makes no sense. Where does Ryan Braun play? Left field? Why would you do that to a young player who absolutely dominated the league with his bat last year. It would be a ridiculous move.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    This makes no sense. Where does Ryan Braun play? Left field? Why would you do that to a young player who absolutely dominated the league with his bat last year. It would be a ridiculous move.

You can't keep him at third, he's a disaster there.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Still how many times have defensive moves messed with a kids bat? If I have a guy with that potential at the plate I let him develop solid D over the years while he continues to rake.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Still how many times have defensive moves messed with a kids bat? If I have a guy with that potential at the plate I let him develop solid D over the years while he continues to rake.

.....such as EE?

I think this is going to extremly effect Capuano. He's a good young pitcher. Under the direction of Dave Duncan, he should get back to allstar form.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

got alil captain in u?

this would be an extremely dumb move for the brewers. moving braun could ruin him for his career.

Turn Off Ads?