Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WVU loses to Pitt

WVU loses to Pitt

Final score was 13 to 9. Terrible game coached by Rodriguez. He played way too conservativly in his own stadium. The refs were awful.

Here's a link to the boxscore:
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273350277
    Last edited by GoReds33; 12-01-2007 at 11:24 PM.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WVU loses to Pitt

That had to be the most blatantly biased officiating crew I've ever seen.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Sucks for them and the Big East.

I wonder how this affects UC and South Florida's BCS rankings now? Does the Sun Bowl still take USF if it knows WVU lost to Pitt too?

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    That had to be the most blatantly biased officiating crew I've ever seen.
    That National Championship chance meant a lot to the Big East. It showed in the officiating.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    That National Championship chance meant a lot to the Big East. It showed in the officiating.
    I agree there were some horrible calls at the end of the game. With that being said, as a 28 point favoriate....you lose at home to a 4-7 Pitt??? No excuses.

The Mizz/OU game was a toss up. Everybody had already penciled in West Va in the championship game....
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I have to admit that, as a MAC fan, I have a soft spot for former MAC team Marshall, so I enjoy seeing WVU lose.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Living in West Virginia, I have to say I am on cloud nine right now.

A lot of the people from school and in the area here had already bought national championship tickets and booked hoted reservations in New Orleans. I made the comment that WVU would overlook Pitt and one person responded "Oh no, Coach Rodriguez will not let them overlook Pitt".

The BCS strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Now is not really the time for anyone to gloat over another's loss --- even a hated rival. That one had to hurt.

Yeah, watching the post-game press conference, Coach Rodriguez was just absolutely devastated. He was gracious in crediting Pitt, but you could see it was just killing him.

As an OSU fan, I was hoping for one of Missouri and WVU to lose. But for my WVU fan friends in here, I feel for you guys. That was a hard game to lose.

And for those refs that threw the very late flags on those 2 phantom holding calls, I'd be looking for gambling ties to them.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    And for those refs that threw the very late flags on those 2 phantom holding calls, I'd be looking for gambling ties to them.
    No freaking doubt! Look, I could have not possibly cared less who won that game since i am not a college football fan (all NFL baby!) but I found myself watching that game and actually standing up and yelling at the TV due to those refs! Those holding calls were the worst I've ever seen, and this coming from someone who very, very rarely criticizes the refs. For me, it wasn't the "phantom" quality of the holds, it was the timing. It was almost as if they were waiting to see the complete outcome of the play......and THEN throw the flag if the play ended in Pitts favor.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Yeah, if there ever was an example of refs blatantly expicitly trying to force an outcome, that was it. And I don't think it's an exaggeration to think that crew should be seriously investigated or at least seriously reprimanded or fired immediately.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Senor Votto

I have a friend who should be put on suicide watch after WVU losing to Pitt. I think I might have to call him later to see if he's still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    Now is not really the time for anyone to gloat over another's loss --- even a hated rival. That one had to hurt.
    Sandy,

If you had ever had to put up with the obnoxious WVU fans that I have had to live with all my life, (some of them even family) and the way that a visiting Marshall fan is treated at their stadium, you would understand how much that I enjoy seeing them lose.

But that's not just any loss. Guess I was really saying "not a time to express pleasure" over their loss publically. Really just saying give them a day or two to get over it.

Steve Slaton: 9 carries for 11 yards, and 1 reception for 9 yards.

Only 10 touches and 20 total yards for one of the top backs in college football, with a shot at a national championship on the line.

That's mind-boggling. Absolutely mind-boggling.

Turn Off Ads?