Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WVU loses to Pitt

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: WVU loses to Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    But that's not just any loss. Guess I was really saying "not a time to express pleasure" over their loss publically. Really just saying give them a day or two to get over it.
    It's not even about the whole Marshall treatment for me.

People here have been already booking hotel reservations and ordering tickets for the National Championship game before the season is even over. That is what made WVU losing this game somewhat amusing is that they overlooked a team that is supposed to be their rival and that team ended their national title hopes.

One positive to this as 15 pointed out, I do think Steve Slaton will be back at WVU next year. If not for the fact to get a chance at the national championship next year, but for that I think his draft stock took a major hit last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I went to Marshall as an undergrad and I never attended WVU, but I was rooting for the Mountaineers last night anyway, as I wanted to a West Virginia team with a chance to win a 1-A (or whatever that division is now called) national title; Marshall captured two 1-AA national championships in the 1990s.
    WVU played one of the most truly awful games that I have ever seen any team play. I haven't even contacted any of my friends who are rabid WVU fans, as there is nothing good to say.
    Last week I received several e-mails from other West Virginia lawyers explaining that they would not be available for anything on Jan. 7-8 as they would be in New Orleans. I guess their calendar has now opened up.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Undoubtably I feel like I have been cheated on, divorced, and taken to the cleaners...I know it is just a football game and there are greater disasters than this but I can only think of a few.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

WVU will be playing Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    WVU will be playing Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.
    Should be an entertaining game.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I don't know if anyone else caught this but at the beginning of the game when they were introducing the offense and defense, now they are getting quasi-famous people who have ties to that school and they are having them introduce the players and talk a little smack. They had two MMA fighters and the guy who was introducing the WVU players was from the Virgin Islands or something and he had one of those thick Caribbean accents that made him sound ridiculous when introducing the WVU players.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I don't know if anyone else caught this but at the beginning of the game when they were introducing the offense and defense, now they are getting quasi-famous people who have ties to that school and they are having them introduce the players and talk a little smack. They had two MMA fighters and the guy who was introducing the WVU players was from the Virgin Islands or something and he had one of those thick Caribbean accents that made him sound ridiculous when introducing the WVU players.
    That was just a promotion of their upcoming fight, nothing more. The two fighters were Matt Hughes and Georges St. Pierre, both welterweights, and they'll be fighting for the Interim Welterweight Title at UFC 79.

As far as I know, neither fighter has any ties whatsoever to either university. Hughes is from Hillsboro, Illinois and was a wrestler at Eastern Illinois University before getting into MMA. St. Pierre is from Quebec, Canada, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's never even been to West Virginia.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

As a lifelong West Virginia fan that travelled over 6 hours to every game but the UC game this year, this was the most crushing sporting loss of my entire life. I equally love the Reds and the Mountaineers. Its like if the Reds were up 3 games to 0 against the Pirates in the NLCS and didnt score a run the rest of the series. Seriously the weirdest game I have ever seen. I cried I was so disappointed. This was our one shot at the title and we absolutely blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    This was our one shot at the title and we absolutely blew it.
    Agreed, I won't be surpised if we get our clocked cleaned by Oklahoma, I just don't like this match up. I feel strongly for both teams as well...to me it was the most difficult WVU loss ever. I'm still depressed, this one will hurt me for years.

The most difficult Reds loss ever for me was to the Braves in the 95 NLCS, this one still hurts as well, I still hate the Braves to this very day so it was very satisfying for me to watch Cincy dominate the Braves this year.

Im still mad over that game watching WVU choke like they did.They can't blame nobody but themselfs b/c they just had to win and that was it.I think its the worst lost in history for WVU and to all teams it had to be Pitt.They got what they deserved and Rodrieguz was a huge reason why we lost.He did not throw down field not one time and when a team does that then you won't run the ball no where.He got out coached by a terrible coach and the Mountaineers got out played by a sorry Pitt team.Thats why they call it the backyard brawl and anything can happen.We WVU fans did get something good from this lost!! We still have our couchs!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    We WVU fans did get something good from this lost!! We still have our couchs!!
    I was really looking forward to torching my old couch after we won the National Title...my wife was even more thrilled when she found out that it would be out of the house! Oh well, maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I was really looking forward to torching my old couch after we won the National Title...my wife was even more thrilled when she found out that it would be out of the house! Oh well, maybe next year.
    There's always the Fiesta Bowl.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?