Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cincy at Pitt

Re: Cincy at Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I don't think so. He didn't have complete control of the ball either.
    Yep. Ruling on the field would've stood. Then we could've heard about how all Marvin does is lose his challenges.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pittsburgh's play calling when trying to wind the clock is awful.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Let's see if we want the ball back this time...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Chatman just called a fair catch with no defensive players near him. And now an offsides penalty that gives Pitt a first down after what should have been a vanilla three-and-out. Wow.
    Why limit yourself to being bad at ONE phase of the game??

Another Palmer overthrow. This is the worst game I've ever seen him play.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Yeah, I've been having a tough time deciding whether this or the 4 INT game against Arizona is worse. Both have been horrendous.

This is a game that was played in awful conditions, and Carson Palmer is eclipsing the 40 pass attempt mark because the offensive line combined with Rudi Johnson and his 2.4 yards per carry rate tonight were once again unable to establish a ground game.

It's no wonder the Bengals have problems scoring points these days.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

They were talking about the wind earlier. It seems like anything with some loft to it got overthrown. I can't help but think the wind has an effect on those passes. I noticed Roethlesburger started hitting receivers when he started throwing underneath. The Bengals' first drive was a lot of short passes, quick hits. The Bengals never seem to adjust to the conditions.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yeah, I've been having a tough time deciding whether this or the 4 INT game against Arizona is worse. Both have been horrendous.
    I didn't see that game, but his 15-for-41 effort tonight has looked awful.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Well, I guess 8-8 looks pretty good right now..Seriously when are the Reds or Bengals ever going to start winning again...this $&%* has went on long enough

I wish I could think that this team will have an 8-8 season, but I have a very strong feeling the losing is not over.

I have a feeling the Browns will kick our butts - and do it at home, as well. St. Louis might be a win - pretty miserable team.
    Has any Cincy team ever won on the west coast...we go up in San Fran...not confident about that game, either.

Then there is the Miami game. I am actually beginning to dread it. If the Dolphins are still winless, they could very well be playing their hearts out in that game.
    I do not see the Bengals having the kind of passion to overcome that kind of opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    This is a game that was played in awful conditions, and Carson Palmer is eclipsing the 40 pass attempt mark because the offensive line combined with Rudi Johnson and his 2.4 yards per carry rate tonight were once again unable to establish a ground game.

Some of Rudi's poor rushes weren't entirely his fault. He might have had a second TD if Ghiachuc could have maintained his block a little longer. But Rudi still seems a step slow. His running plays take forever to develop. With Watson or Dorsey in, it seems like a different team.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Chad not exactly in the game.....
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Palmer was terrible tonight, but when you run for less than 3 ypc, you can't blame the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post

That's a very good point. Pittsburgh does a great job of playing run defense, though.

And now Chad Johnson catches a pass on fourth down and just backs himself out of bounds short of the stick. Is his head anywhere near the game?

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Some of Rudi's poor rushes weren't entirely his fault. He might have had a second TD if Ghiachuc could have maintained his block a little longer. But Rudi still seems a step slow. His running plays take forever to develop. With Watson or Dorsey in, it seems like a different team.
    Want to coach the Bengals?

Turn Off Ads?