Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's what Beane is asking for Haren...

Re: Here's what Beane is asking for Haren...

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Josh Hamilton > Carlos Gonzalez
    Joey Votto > Conor Jackson

Would you trade Hamilton, Votto, and two other much lesser prospects (guys in the #20-30 range) for Haren?
    That would be a dream scenario for the Reds honestly. They both probably have bright futures ahead, but they are also both replacable. I don't think the A's want Votto though, but if they'd do this deal, get them on the phone right now and knock it out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

"Colleague Michael Silverman just passed along that the A’s and D-Backs have had constructive talks about a deal which would send Dan Haren to Arizona and Conor Jackson and Carlos Gonzalez along with two more players to Oakland."

The Reds could trump that deal easily. Jackson's an underpowered DH with declining OB skills. He's Ben Grieve for all intensive purposes.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Josh Hamilton > Carlos Gonzalez
    Joey Votto > Conor Jackson

Would you trade Hamilton, Votto, and two other much lesser prospects (guys in the #20-30 range) for Haren?
    Seeing as how Beane seems to like young pitchers according to reports, I would peg this deal as the following:

Hamilton + Votto + (Maloney or Wood) + (Fisher or Thompson)

OR

Hamilton + Stubbs + (Bailey or Cueto) + (Fisher or Thompson)

Do you pull the trigger?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    "Colleague Michael Silverman just passed along that the Aís and D-Backs have had constructive talks about a deal which would send Dan Haren to Arizona and Conor Jackson and Carlos Gonzalez along with two more players to Oakland."

The Reds could trump that deal easily. Jackson's an underpowered DH with declining OB skills. He's Ben Grieve for all intensive purposes.
    Is that intensive purposes or intents and purposes? I always thought it was the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Is that intensive purposes or intents and purposes? I always thought it was the latter.
    I never knew which one it was
    Go BLUE!!!

Re: Here's what it would take for Haren...

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He didn't tell them about it. He just tried pitching through it. The Reds didn't know.
    If Homer Bailey has a serious groin pull, the trainer would only need to see him hobbling around to spot it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He threw 61% strikes and 39% balls. Not the best ever, but the major league average is about 64% to 36%. Thats 3 pitches per game.
    I don't care about the strike/ball mix so much as it looked like his catchers were waving hello to him to most of the time. The kid didn't hit the glove anywhere near enough for my tastes.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

It's always fun until the lawyers show up.

It's "intents and purposes."

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It's always fun until the lawyers show up.
    Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hey man, you are so en fuego today flying around in these threads, it is more than understandable.

And I honestly didn't know for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Seeing as how Beane seems to like young pitchers according to reports, I would peg this deal as the following:

Hamilton + Votto + (Maloney or Wood) + (Fisher or Thompson)

OR

Hamilton + Stubbs + (Bailey or Cueto) + (Fisher or Thompson)

Do you pull the trigger?
    I just don't buy the notion that Maloney/Wood/Thompson have any tangible trade value when talking about the types of players we're discussing coming back to the Reds.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    How can you build a staff around a guy like Harden, who's always injured?

Beane would jump at Bailey for Harden.

Getting a Top 10 prospect for a guy who may never pitch.
    OK, I see what the problem is. I said "Harden" when I meant to say "Haren." My fault.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one, and they don't want someone else's shoved into their face.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I just don't buy the notion that Maloney/Wood/Thompson have any tangible trade value when talking about the types of players we're discussing coming back to the Reds.
    They are the throw-ins, not the principles of such a deal. Such a deal would center around Hamilton and Votto or Hamilton and Bailey/Cueto.

Jake Meyer and Antonio Perez were once traded for Ken Griffey, Jr. in a similar fashion.

And some guy named Justin Masterson is about to be dealt for Johan Santana.
    Last edited by Benihana; 12-04-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    OK, I see what the problem is. I said "Harden" when I meant to say "Haren." My fault.
    You're damn right that it's your fault.

Now lets talk compensation.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hey man, you are so en fuego today flying around in these threads, it is more than understandable.

And I honestly didn't know for sure.
    It's "intents and purposes." Though I think it's so commonly mangled these days that we can probably expect it codified within our lifetimes.

and all this time I thought it was for all in tim purpura's.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Turn Off Ads?