Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Phyllis at the Madison commercials

The Phyllis at the Madison commercials

Has anyone ever actually seen the lady from the Phyllis at the Madison commercials on the radio...I wonder if she is as pretty as her voice sounds...just curious

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Phyllis at the Madison commercials

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Has anyone ever actually seen the lady from the Phyllis at the Madison commercials on the radio...I wonder if she is as pretty as her voice sounds...just curious
    I would rather hear nails on the chalk board than to listen to that commercial
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

yeah-the commercials themselves are rather irritating(as are the new round of Tanya Roberts resport commericals) but that lady does have an attractive sounding voice...

For a Level Playing Field

From Phyllis at the Madison's web site. Please remember all comments are in jest (well most!).

A very wise person once said, "A fool and their money will soon part."

An Afternoon Affair with Limousine
    Body Massage, Facial, Manicure, Pedicure, Hair Styling, Paraffin Treatment, Make-up Application & Lunch. Truly a day she will always remember!
    Price: $515.00
    >>> Ride only from Cincy area (of course). I hope they are serving lobster and caviar for lunch. One afternoon in the salon for her or one month car payment for a Hummer? She deserves that afternoon!

An Afternoon Affair
    Body Massage, Facial, Manicure, Pedicure, Hair Styling, Paraffin Treatment, Make-up Application & Lunch. The original and still the overwhelming favorite!
    Price: $325.00
    >>> So now we know the local car ride costs $190. Sounds like a great deal for a ride... only we know who is getting taken for the ride. Not giving up one month of a Hummer for this afternoon, just a nice sized SUV. The original... original screw-job.

Oasis Package
    Body Massage, Facial, Manicure, Pedicure & Paraffin Treatment.
    Price: $240.00
    >>> When I hear the word Oasis, I think of water. I wonder if the cost of the Oasis includes a glass of water for your lady? I'd hate to ask for anymore... I mean it is only $240. We usually find an Oasis in a hot climate. You feel the burn when your credit card statement comes in the mail.

Relaxation Package
    Body Massage, Paraffin Treatment and Manicure & Pedicure.
    Price: $190.00
    >>> Relaxation? Not when I get the bill for the rub-down, hand rub & fingernail/toenail treatment.

Four Hands Massage Package
    Unique Experience.
    Price: $150.00
    >>> Unique? For $150 smack-a-roos, it had better be unique. And it better be more than four hands for that price!

Beautiful Nail Package
    Set of three (3) manicures and three (3) paraffin treatments.
    Price: $135.00
    >>> Wow... three fingernail and three toenail treatments. All for only $135? Sounds reasonable... if you are George Constanza and become a hand model or your feet are used in commercials for an anti-fungus medication.

Bliss Package
    Massage, Manicure, Paraffin Treatment
    Price: $120.00
    >>> Sounds like the Relaxation Package w/out the pedicure and just a massage (not a body massage). So if this is not a body massage, what are they massaging (easy guys!)? Your wallet perhaps?

Elite Package
    Manicure, Pedicure, Paraffin Treatment
    Price: $115.00
    >>> Elite? If I paid $115 for this, I might be elite... I'd also be dumb, financially ignorant and/or in big trouble with my wife.

Pomegranate Lime Pedicure Package
    Invigorating, soothing - Wonderful
    Price: $105.00
    >>> What? Nothing other than surgery on the foot should cost this much money! Those must be some rare and exotic limes they are using.

Calming Package
    Facial, Paraffin Treatment
    Price: $90.00
    >>> Calm? Nice choice for this package name. Better shoot valium right into my vein to calm me down when the wife tells me she spent close to a Franklin for a facial and paraffin treatment.

Retool Package for Men
    Deep Tissue Massage, Relaxing Men's Facial, Manicure & European Scissor Cut.
    Price: $210.00
    >>> Retool Package for Men? I thought that meant some sort of a pump or a blue pill? For $210... I'd want a new tool, not a retool.

Break-Out Package for Men
    Deep Tissue Massage, Manicure & European Scissor Cut.
    Price: $160.00
    >>> Man up! Get to the local Super Cuts and have that American Scissor Cut for $12. What.. the deep tissue massage and manicure? MAN UP. Go without them... and be a real man with enough money leftover to buy 3 kegs of Budweiser beer.
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 12-08-2007 at 02:14 PM.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Thank you Butler for this thread! I was listening to Willie on WLW on friday on the way down to Cincy and heard this years version of the ad. The second time "Boop boop de boop" came out of the lady's mouth I wanted to cave my car radio in. "Phyllis at the Madison" - I hate you and hope you go out of business.

Also, lol RedsFanAlways1966, those comments were hilarious. Any dude who goes to Phyllis needs to revoke his man card.
    Last edited by redsfan1966; 12-09-2007 at 11:35 AM.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

This is really just a booming business because so many people in America these days already have 'everything' financially, but very little emotionally and/or spiritually. Truthfully, most guys get the same relaxation from sitting around watching football with the guys on Sunday...or poker night...or hunting, etc. Everyone has their own way of unwinding and getting away from it all. I agree this is a pretty expensive way of unwinding, but hey, to each his own. Many women use their manicurist/pedicurist, hairstyler, or massage therapist as their psychotherapist as well. An unbiased opinion to help you see your own situation from another perspective...I guess it's pretty valuable if you don't have a best friend.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Don't try to analyze it, fellas. Being pampered is incredibly important to the ladies.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I liked some of the older commercials when the woman sang like a little bird in apparent post-coital bliss.

They were clever the first 2-3 years they ran but have gotten pretty well milked out.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post

Probably a face made for radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Don't try to analyze it, fellas. Being pampered is incredibly important to the ladies.
    Steady job, Life insurance, 401K, Roth IRA ... nice stuff. Once in awhile spending some money on them in a way you just don't see as practical is the right thing to do. Sometimes they want to be reassured they are the queen.

A few years back I suprised Mrs. Gonelong with a day at the Spa ... pulled into the parking lot and told her I wanted to get a brochure to see about sending my Mother in for her birthday. When she walked in the lady greeted her with "You must be Mrs. Gonelong, this way please". She was not expecting it at all, caught her totally off guard.

Lots and lots of mileage out of that one.

I went over to Bass Pro for 4 hours. I think I got the better end of that deal.

GL

Turn Off Ads?