Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds interested in Lincecum

Reds interested in Lincecum

Reds interested in Lincecum

Cincinnati is apparently interested in San Francisco right-hander Tim Lincecum, but if the Giants insist on Reds outfield prospect Jay Bruce as part of any deal, look for the Reds to back off.

Bruce, 20, hit a combined .319 with 26 homers and 89 RBIs in 133 games at three Minor League stops in 2007. The left-handed hitting Bruce is considered one of the team's cornerstones of the future.

http://wintermeetings.mlblogs.com/na...econfidential/

I wouldn't trade Bruce, but would still pursue other options for Lincecum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds interested in Lincecum

Wow thats a curve ball

[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't trade Bruce, but would still pursue other options for Lincecum.[/QUOTE]

I'd trade Bailey and an EE type for him though. They need many young guys at many positions. We need a good young starter. That would seem to work out for both. I think that it would be hard to trade a Bailey and Hamilton type. I guess I would trade an EE and Hamilton though, if all they want is offense. If Hamilton does go we'll have a CF issue sooner than later. He may have reached peak trade value, however in which case you should trade him.

Isn't it great that even though these rumors are probably not all even close to true, that the Reds are finally being mentioned in them. I can't remember a year that the hot stove was so active with Reds rumors. Its just amazing.

Id rather keep edwin and bailey than trade both for lincecum.

I dont like the idea of trading one pitching prospect for another

I'd trade Bailey and Hamilton right now for Lincecum.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Id rather keep edwin and bailey than trade both for lincecum.

I dont like the idea of trading one pitching prospect for another
    Lincecum, although young, is much further along as a PRO than Bailey. I get your point, however.

Quote Originally Posted by BucksandReds View Post
    Lincecum, although young, is much further along as a PRO than Bailey. I get your point, however.
    i wouldnt say he was that much farther along really but even so i couldnt imagine giving up 2 guys to get 1 prospect

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I'd trade Bailey and Hamilton right now for Lincecum.
    Why? Wait a year and Bailey will be just as good or better than Lincecum. Just because another team has a player, doesn't mean they are better than what the Reds have (aka, it's not always greener on the other side of the hill).

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    Why? Wait a year and Bailey will be just as good or better than Lincecum. Just because another team has a player, doesn't mean they are better than what the Reds have (aka, it's not always greener on the other side of the hill).
    Well now we're in the land of opinion.

I'm not sold on Bailey. In fact, I'm in the camp that thinks he might be worth more right now in terms of hype than how he will turn out as a pro. I see FAR MORE in Tim Lincecum. Lincecum had 24 games started this year and here is his stats.......very good and far better than Bailey's debut:

Record 7-5, 146 IP, 122 hits, 12 HR's, 150 K's, 65 BB's, 4.00 era, 1.28 WHIP, .226 BAA

Far more impressive than Bailey's numbers. In 24 starts, Lincecum's average start (factoring 24 starts into 146 innings pitched) is 6.08 innings per start. Bailey was lucky to get through the 5th inning. Then there's the cheap factor. Doesn't come any cheaper than this guy and you'd have him under your control for longer. You trade one top starting pitching prospect (top 10 at that) in Bailey for another top young starting pitching prospect - Lincecum. And if you have to throw in more, you throw in Hamilton to get the deal done because you have Bruce ready to step in.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. It might be too much, but I'd blow them away with the offer.
    Who's on first?

Not much for trading our pitching prospect for another teams prospect - Hamilton for Linecum - I'd do. Hamilton & Maloney and others, might entice them.

Homer Bailey's stats:

4-2 record, 45 IP, 43 hits, 28 walks, 28 k's, 5.76 era, 1.57 WHIP, .257 BAA

In 9 starts, made it through the 6th inning only twice.
    Who's on first?

I give up a lone person for him, swapping deck chairs between him and Bailey. Hamilton for Lincecum might get me going nice trade, but Im not sure I'd give up Hamilton for him either.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

insane. Lincecum is a beast, and is ready to produce NOW. I'd take him for Bailey and Hamilton and wouldn't blink.

Reds Interested In Tim Lincecum
    According to MLB.com's Jim Molony, the Reds are interested in the Giants' Tim Lincecum (who isn't). Molony says the Reds won't include Jay Bruce in any deal, however. Why inquire then? Why would the Giants give up their best player for anything less than the Reds' top prospect? I guess it didn't hurt to ask.

At any rate, it's cool to see teams actually talking about even swaps of young players to fill their needs. So many trades these days are really just poor teams dumping off expensive stars to the rich ones.
    MLBTR guy makes a good point ... Lincecum is a stellar pitching prospect, and Bruce is a stellar position prospect....

Reds have enough position/hitting talent, we need pitching talent. What really would be the harm in a Lincecum for Bruce deal. It's almost an even swap from both team's perspective - Bruce is our crown jewel and Lincecum is the Giants'..... the reason for the swap is that we need pitching and the Giants need young position players....

I would work real hard to make it Hamilton instead of Bruce, but if it had to be Bruce I wouldn't be terribly upset.

Check out Lincecum's minor league numbers - he dominated the minors ... much more dominating than even Bailey.

Turn Off Ads?