Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Very Active Per Jerry Cranick

Re: Reds Very Active Per Jerry Cranick

Ian Snell! Ian Snell!!!!!

(yawn)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the Reds are determined to leave Nashville with a good starter, even if the cost is Edwin and Hamilton to another team.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I think the Reds are determined to leave Nashville with a good starter, even if the cost is Edwin and Hamilton to another team.
    I tend to agree with you. While some,myself included arent elated about Tomko , somehow I think WK has sights set higher.Not that he wont sign a lesser type pitcher also but I too expect a good one thru a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Hamilton and EE can be easily replaced short term and long term. Bruce/Hopper can play center and Cantu/Keppinger can handle third.

Trade both if it nets a #2 starter!
    Call me naive here, but I don't see Hamilton as someone that can be easily replaced. I say that because he put up very good numbers at the plate for a guy who'd been out of baseball for 4 years. His potential seems incredibly high. Also, he seems like he plays good defense and he has an absolute CANNON for an arm.

He could easily be a 40 HR/100 RBI guy for the Reds. Sure, those can be had in the majors but not at such a low price. Injuries are a mild concern (I'm not concerned about him relapsing back into drugs) but I see tons of potential.

I guess this is the game that GMs have to play. Decide who to keep and who to trade. You've got to give away talent you have in order to get talent you need.

I for one WOULD like to chant "Oooo Oooo That Snell" every time Ian took the mound.

How about Hamilton and EE for Lincecum if Pedro Feliz doesn't accept arbitration?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    How about Hamilton and EE for Lincecum if Pedro Feliz doesn't accept arbitration?
    EdE plus Maloney or just Hamilton The Giants have too many holes to fill and can't be too greedy. I'd give them all three plus Janish or any other prospect for Cain and Lincecum
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Lincecum doesn't sound like he's going anywhere. If I were the Giants, I would trade niether Lincecum or Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Lincecum doesn't sound like he's going anywhere. If I were the Giants, I would trade niether Lincecum or Cain.
    "They'll trade him," a Cincinnati Reds official said. "They have to."
    From http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_7630242

Just saying.

9:52 p.m., from Jerry Crasnick
    • The Cubs don't have much hope of prying loose center fielder Josh Hamilton from Cincinnati. The Reds are willing to trade Hamilton, but they would prefer not to deal him to another club in the National League Central.

We can forget about trading Hamilton to the Cubs for one of their starters.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    9:52 p.m., from Jerry Crasnick
    • The Cubs don't have much hope of prying loose center fielder Josh Hamilton from Cincinnati. The Reds are willing to trade Hamilton, but they would prefer not to deal him to another club in the National League Central.

We can forget about trading Hamilton to the Cubs for one of their starters.
    I don't think that was ever really an option

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    Why do they have to? That makes no sense at all.

Why? Because they need more offense?

I'd love to hear the explanation of why they have to.

Maybe they have to because the Reds are giving them an "offer they can't refuse......"

yeah because of offense. I cant name a starter on their offense that i would want right now. Bengie Molina? Rich Aurillia? Pedro Feliz? Nope. They need to make the trade.

Last year, the Giants scored the second least amount of runs in the National League. In addition, they will be losing Barry Bonds, the only true threat in their lineup, with no players ready to step up from the minor leagues, and no one in free agency who can come close to matching Bond's numbers from last season. As it stands right now, this looks like a team that will have trouble scoring much more 600 runs next year.

Apparently, the Giants have also let it be known that they are in the market for a young, impact bat. The only two players the Giants have that could net them any of the young offensive players they desire would be Cain and Lincecum.

The Giants don't have to trade either of them, but would likely have to if they want to substantially improve the offense.

Turn Off Ads?