Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Plan B

Plan B

I've got a feeling that Bedard, Haren or Linecum will be a Red in the next 48 hrs (and I'm hoping that Bruce isn't included if it's one of the first two - no way do I send him for Linecum).

If I'm wrong and WK does not pull the trigger on any of them, how's this for Plan B?

Reds send to Cubs: Hamilton, Cueto & McBeth
    Reds receive from Cubs: (LHP) Rich Hill & (RHP) Carlos Marmol

(Then)

Reds send to Brewers: Weathers, Freel & Majewski
    Reds receive from Brewers: (LHP) Dan Capuano & a prospect

Then deal from among : Stanton, Hatteburg, Gonzalez, Coffey or prospects for a RH 4th OF and maybe a young MI or two

I also sign Tomko cheap and make Bailey earn the 5th spot or work in out at DaVille.

Lineup:

CF Bruce
    SS Keppinger
    LF Dunn
    RF Griffey
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    3B Encarnacion
    C Ross

Bench:

Cantu
    Hatteburg
    MI Acquisition
    RH OF Acquition
    Hopper/Dickerson
    Valentin

Rotation:

Harang
    Hill
    Arroyo
    Capuano
    Bailey/Tomko/Shearn/Belisle/Maloney

Bullpen:

Salmon/Belisle/Shearn
    Coutlangus/Pelland
    Burton
    Bray
    Marmol
    Cordero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Plan B

I think your Cubs/Reds deal would end quickly if you include Marmol in the deal. The Cubs love him and feal he is the closer of the future.

Hamilton and someone not in the Top 3 prospects (obviously not counting Bruce as he would never go along with Hamilton) for Hill and I'd do it.
    Matta = Really good

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    I think your Cubs/Reds deal would end quickly if you include Marmol in the deal. The Cubs love him and feal he is the closer of the future.

Hamilton and someone not in the Top 3 prospects (obviously not counting Bruce as he would never go along with Hamilton) for Hill and I'd do it.
    You're probably right, I just really liked Marmol.

Truth be told, it wouldn't surprise me if Cueto couldn't give us good enough production out of the pen to make Stormy expendable.

I was also thinking the Suds needed a 3B (how could I forget Braun?) so I'd probably make it Weathers and a prospect for Capuano. Keeping Freel for IF/OF versatility on the bench wouldn't be all bad or he could be dealt for something else.

Harang
    Hill
    Arroyo
    Capuano
    Bailey/Tomko/Shearn/Belisle/Maloney
    Salmon/Belisle/Shearn/Tomko
    Coutlangus/Pelland
    Cueto
    Bray
    Burton
    Cordero
    Last edited by corkedbat; 12-05-2007 at 01:49 AM.

I agree. I don't think there is any way you get Marmol from the Cubs unless you offer a King's Ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I agree. I don't think there is any way you get Marmol from the Cubs unless you offer a King's Ransom.
    IMO Hamilton and Cueto is a king's ransom. I really like Marmol and was saying that the Reds should go after him last year at this time, but Hamilton and Cueto is an offer that should net top players and the Cubs have a lot of pitching depth and are hungry for a LH slugger. The Hamilton, Cueto and McBeth for Hill and Marmol proposal is very fair for both teams. The Reds may actually be overpaying because long term, Hamilton and Cueto may be the two best players in the deal.

I think Plan B is what we'll end up with. Maybe not this one, but I'm skeptical of all the Bedard, Haren talk. I'm guessing nothing much happens until the Santana situation is settled. Plan B for me could be Hill, or Scott Baker, or Kevin Correia, or Joe Blanton, etc. I actually hope its some one they can get for EdE and lesser prospects. I'd rather hang onto the big 5 unless its a deal the Reds clearly win and presents solutions for longer than a year or two.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I was also thinking the Suds needed a 3B (how could I forget Braun?) so I'd probably make it Weathers and a prospect for Capuano.
    They do need a 3B. The plan is to move Braun and his horrid defense to OF. That is why they are talking to STL about Rolen.

You're talking about two deals within the division. I doubt either will happen.

Right now, I think the best deal WK could make is to work out a deal with the Giants and Make Dunn and Linecum the prinicpals.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one, and they don't want someone else's shoved into their face.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Any plan that ends with Keppinger laying SS is doomed to failure.

Our SS must have the rangeof a major league SS. Keppinger doesn't fit that description.

I have no problem with Gonzalez at short. Hopefully, his family problems with his child will be better this season. Tough for a father. Anyone heard how that situation is going?
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

C Trent already indicated that K hinted that Hamilton would not be traded to the Cubs within the division. I think K is well aware how special Hammy is and doesn't want to have him in the same division. I agree, too. Hamilton to the Cubs with Hill coming here still makes the Cubs favorites to win. I think it improves them more than it improves us.

Turn Off Ads?