Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Brought Them Here?

Re: Who Brought Them Here?

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    O'Brien had the advantage of a #7 pick (Bailey) and having the #12 pick (Bruce) in one of the most talent heavy first rounds in decades. Also, GM's probably aren't involved as we might think in the amateur drafts. I know for sure Krivsky had a distant approach to the 2006 draft as he said so himself. He (they) should be held accountable though for the scouts that help make the draft day decisions.

I agree.

Also, it takes about 3-4 years for a player to develop unless they are a phenom. So naturally Bowden and O'Brien would fare better in this comparison.

But I do like the depth that Krivsky's drafts have netted.

Praise or criticism should be more directed at the scouting staff rather than the GM's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who Brought Them Here?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I agree.

Also, it takes about 3-4 years for a player to develop unless they are a phenom. So naturally Bowden and O'Brien would fare better in this comparison.

But I do like the depth that Krivsky's drafts have netted.

Praise or criticism should be more directed at the scouting staff rather than the GM's.

I always thought the GM hired and fired the scouting staff.

I've also been told the GM listens to every scouts argument pro or con, but the finale decission is always made by the GM. I could very well be wrong here.

Many of my lifelong beliefs concerning this great game have been proven wrong in the past few years. Such as..There are better ways to judge a hitter than batting average. There are better ways to judge a pitcher than ERA.

I have no idea how to judge a GM other than his history of success in employing competent scouts and signing talented baseball players. I quess time will tell.

Turn Off Ads?