Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Giants are trying to get Hideki Matsui

The Giants are trying to get Hideki Matsui

ESPN is reporting that the Giants close to a deal that involves Jonathan Sanchez and Hideki Matsui. The Yankees reportedly rejected a Matsui for Lowry deal, but the two teams seem confident that the can work something around Sanchez and Matsui.

I think EE is a better trading chip than Matsui, especially considering all of Matsui's injuries last year, and how young EE is.

I now understand that trading EE for Lowry is a mistake (thanks Baseclogger, Bib Roberts and Jay Bruce), but would anyone like the Reds to trade EE for Sanchez?

I say no, since he is just another version of Bailey. A prospect with half a season under his belt. The Reds don't need another prospect, they need major league ready arms. But he is a good one, a possible #1 starter.

Agree? Disagree?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Giants are trying to get Hideki Matsui

Agree- EE for Sanchez would be bad.

He was 22 when he was signed, which means he has been significantly older than most at each level. He will be 26 next year.

He also appears to have some control issues.

Pass

Anyone else beginning to think the pricetag for frontline pitching is too steep?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Anyone else beginning to think the pricetag for frontline pitching is too steep?
    UH, Yeah

If the Giants are trying to get Matsui I think it is as much about marketability as it is production. Matsui is extremely popular with the very large Japanese population in San Fran. EE would never be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    If the Giants are trying to get Matsui I think it is as much about marketability as it is production. Matsui is extremely popular with the very large Japanese population in San Fran. EE would never be considered.
    a very good point. We sometimes forget this is a business too...

Turn Off Ads?