Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Ohio State Football Recruiting

For all those who follow Buckeye recruiting, what are the chances that Terrelle Pryor lands in Columbus? Craig Haubert from ESPN said in chat today that he'd be surprised if Pryor winds up anywhere but Ohio State and that if he does, it would oput OSU potentially in the top 2 in overall class. But with Florida in the mix, you never know.

Considering OSU rarely gets consideration from elite QBs, this could be HUGE for the program to land the top QB in the country. I think Troy Smith's success probably had a big role in Pryor considering Ohio State.

It's nice to see they've done so well at retooling their offensive line. Plucking Brewster out of Orlando is a nice win for Tressel, as was getting Shugarts out of Texas. And keeping Mike Adams in Columbus was also very nice.

Pryor would round out the class quite nicely. Otherwise, it's still a very typical Tressel class - only a couple of 5 starts, but really loading up on the 4 star.

I've gotta think, though, if Pryor committs to Ohio State, Antonio Henton will likely transfer. I really have no idea if the coaches area s high onhim now as they were when he was recruited, but I've gotta think his arrest hasn't helped matters.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Everything I'm hearing is just like you said...Pryor will be a Buckeye. He's buddies already with a couple of the new OL recruites. They text each other all the time. Like you said...you never know...but it's as close to a done deal as you can get from what I've heard and read.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I guess Henton will have to find new places to troll for booty with only $19 in his pocket.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I guess Henton will have to find new places to troll for booty with only $19 in his pocket.
    You mean a new place to be profiled and entrapped by an undercover cop?

Henton was arrested after a woman -- actually an undercover Columbus police officer -- along N. High Street waved to him. When he approached her, the officer asked him if he wanted sex.

Henton replied, "What?" Phillips said Henton was asking "what?" because he was confused. Police said he was questioning what type of sex acts he could buy.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/loc...9.html?sid=101

A tape released by police showed Henton's arrest in the area of High Street and Sixth Avenue.

"You looking to party?" the undercover officer asked.

"Where are you partying?" Henton allegedly asked.

However, Henton's attorneys dispute what is on the tape and said their client was not in the area for sex.

"No sex act was mentioned by him," said attorney James Phillips. "No money was mentioned by him. The officer just came up to him and said, 'Do you want to blank,' and he said, 'What?"

Phillips said Henton only stopped his car because the woman waved at him.

"If a woman waves at you to stop you see if she's OK," he said. "He's been sitting on the sidelines now for six weeks - a penalty far in-excess of the penalties for most players for most things."

Head footbal coach Jim Tressel offered a statement through the university on Monday.

"After serving a seven-game suspension, Antonio is a member with full privileges of the Ohio State football team," Tressel said. "Antonio has handled the situation properly."

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for continuing coverage.

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=news&story=...638089933.html

By the way, Pryor is a lock.

You're wasting your time, BRL. None of that matters. But I hope this thread doesn't get hijacked.
    Last edited by MWM; 12-05-2007 at 04:53 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Ok, back on topic.....

For 2009, the Buckeyes have already landed two stud recruits.

Jordan Whiting (KY) and Storm Klein (OH).

Other top Ohio recruits:

-Studlien (LB Big Walnut) will commit when offered.
    -John Simon (DL Youngstown Mooney)...top 100 player will commit soon (offered).
    -Chris Fields (WR Paynesville)...will commit when offered.
    -Marcus Hall (OT Cleveland Glenville)...Glenville kid, so will commit (top 100 recruit).
    -Darrell Mason (RB/DB Youngstown Ursuline)...big time player.

Another recruit that Ohio State is going after is Josh Jenkins out of Parkersburg High School, the number one guard prospect in the nation according to Scout.com. Urban Meyer and Jim Tressel were at the Super Six last weekend in Wheeling watching Jenkins play. He has a soft committment to WVU, but I think it will be between OSU and WVU.

Pryor reminds me a lot of Vince Young. Add him plus Jenkins, Wrighster, Adams, and Shugarts, and Ohio State has not only the best QB in the nation, but the best O-Line for years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Jenkins will stick with WV, from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Add him plus Jenkins, Wrighster, Adams, and Shugarts, and Ohio State has not only the best QB in the nation, but the best O-Line for years to come.
    Brewster is the other one. So far, Brewster, Shugarts, and Adams in the fold.

Pryor is as much as a lock as a Top 5 player in the country could be for OSU. Everything you read on any recruiting website pretty much admits that, even other teams message boards.

He will go into the Tim Tebow (freshman year) roll next year for OSU when it comes to short yardage and goal line carries.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Brewster is the other one. So far, Brewster, Shugarts, and Adams in the fold.
    My bad, I meant Brewster.

I'm hoping Jenkins goes with Ohio State. While I think he will flourish in West Virginia's offense, I think if he wanted a shot at the NFL, he would at least get to learn pass protection at Ohio State. Come combine time, I think his stock will hurt if he goes to West Virginia.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Pryor is as much as a lock as a Top 5 player in the country could be for OSU. Everything you read on any recruiting website pretty much admits that, even other teams message boards.

He will go into the Tim Tebow (freshman year) roll next year for OSU when it comes to short yardage and goal line carries.
    Not just that, but Pryor wants to play basketball as well. He can play on winning teams on both. Penn State cannot offer that.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not just that, but Pryor wants to play basketball as well. He can play on winning teams on both. Penn State cannot offer that.
    But Florida can, and Florida was high on his list.

Just chatted with another friend of mine who follows recruiting very closely and he claims that he's heard from reliable sources (this is now 4th hand information), that there's a really strong chance Jenkins winds up at OSU.

With the O-line they're putting together, if they can get a top tier RB out of next year's class (I'm not sold that Saine is the guy) to go along with Pryor, the 2009-2011 teams could be special.
    Last edited by MWM; 12-05-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    You mean a new place to be profiled and entrapped by an undercover cop?

Henton was arrested after a woman -- actually an undercover Columbus police officer -- along N. High Street waved to him. When he approached her, the officer asked him if he wanted sex.

Henton replied, "What?" Phillips said Henton was asking "what?" because he was confused. Police said he was questioning what type of sex acts he could buy.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/loc...9.html?sid=101

A tape released by police showed Henton's arrest in the area of High Street and Sixth Avenue.

"You looking to party?" the undercover officer asked.

"Where are you partying?" Henton allegedly asked.

However, Henton's attorneys dispute what is on the tape and said their client was not in the area for sex.

"No sex act was mentioned by him," said attorney James Phillips. "No money was mentioned by him. The officer just came up to him and said, 'Do you want to blank,' and he said, 'What?"

Phillips said Henton only stopped his car because the woman waved at him.

"If a woman waves at you to stop you see if she's OK," he said. "He's been sitting on the sidelines now for six weeks - a penalty far in-excess of the penalties for most players for most things."

Head footbal coach Jim Tressel offered a statement through the university on Monday.

"After serving a seven-game suspension, Antonio is a member with full privileges of the Ohio State football team," Tressel said. "Antonio has handled the situation properly."

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for continuing coverage.

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=news&story=...638089933.html

By the way, Pryor is a lock.
    'Twas a joke.

Henton was in the wrong place at the wrong time, getting profiled by Columbus' finest.

It could have happened to anyone, but it just happened to be Henton at that moment.

I feel for the kid. He just made an honest mistake.

As for recruiting classes, should prove to be interesting if Notre Dame loses some of their recruits due to Chuckles the Clown's inability to win ballgames.

Turn Off Ads?