Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Re: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Looks like it's official that Mallet will transfer. Rodriguez announced it today.

I'd now be shocked if Pryor doesn't wind up in Ann Arbor. Last night's abysmal offensive performance couldn't have helped any.

http://lastperson.suncircle.org/inde...pic=78.new#new

University of Michigan football players Adrian Arrington, Mario Manningham and Ryan Mallett won't suit up for the Wolverines next season, according to new coach Rich Rodriguez who spoke to reporters briefly at halftime of the Michigan-Indiana men's basketball game Tuesday.
    Last edited by MWM; 01-09-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Looks like it's official that Mallet will transfer. Rodriguez announced it today.

I'd now be shocked if Pryor doesn't wind up in Ann Arbor. Last night's abysmal offensive performance couldn't have helped any.

I would think an all-worlder who thinks as much of himself as Pryor appears to would consider it a great opportunity. He should see himself as the savior to an "abysmal offensive performance." BTW, outgained LSU, put up 24 points and a near miss in the endzone for another TD on Robiskie's drop, a 65 yard run, on a reported all-world D...huh?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Wow.

Mallet and Manningham are leaving? Definitely not a good start to the Rodriguez era in Ann Arbor.

I am of the mind that this isn't that bad for Ohio State chances. Pryor needs to play with somebody else on his own team. The cupboard is going to be bare in Michigan, their entire collection of Offensive talent is leaving. Arrington, Manningham, Hart, Long, Mallet, and Henne gone. Their talent level was down at the skill positions in terms of depth, and their recruiting classes have been suspect.

I am not worried yet....
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I am of the mind that this isn't that bad for Ohio State chances. Pryor needs to play with somebody else on his own team. The cupboard is going to be bare in Michigan, their entire collection of Offensive talent is leaving. Arrington, Manningham, Hart, Long, Mallet, and Henne gone. Their talent level was down at the skill positions in terms of depth, and their recruiting classes have been suspect.

I am not worried yet....
    I would think offensive talent leaving, coupled with Rich Rodriguez at the helm would be a great thing for tOSU fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I would think offensive talent leaving, coupled with Rich Rodriguez at the helm would be a great thing for tOSU fans.
    Not really, the rivalry is huge for us. Michigan not being competitive is a bad thing for OSU. Add to that how the Big Ten is down in general and before long what you've got is a 1 team conference. Although I do think that Illinois and Wisky are still solid programs and MSU is on the rise.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

If Michigan has a down year, I wouldn't expect it to be more than one year. Hirings like Rodriguez' at a school like Michigan always brings with it a lot of hype and intrigue. My guess is he's going to have top 5 recruiting classes wach of the next two years.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Bucknuts' own insider recruiting fellow BuckCrazy! wrote this the other day.

BuckCrazy!
    Frosh Posts: 85

Bet the Farm - 01-18-2008, 10:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrelle will be playing his college ball in Columbus! Along with JJ! TP will be making his annoucement on ESPN around noon.
    ...on signing day
    http://forums.bucknuts.com/showthread.php?t=17842
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Bucknuts' own insider recruiting fellow BuckCrazy! wrote this the other day.

...on signing day
    http://forums.bucknuts.com/showthread.php?t=17842

I understand that the guy who posted that is legit, but I just don't buy it this time. With all the games Pryor has played through this process, I won't believe anything that's said until it comes out of his mouth. It's also weird that this is posted the day before Pyror goes on his official visit to Ann Arbor. This makes no sense. And he's supposedly going to Baton Rouge to visit LSU on Feb. 1.
    Last edited by MWM; 01-21-2008 at 08:14 AM.

I understand that the guy who posted that is legit, but I just don't buy it this time. With all the games Pryor has played through this process, I won't believe anything that's said until it comes out of his mouth. It's also weird that this is posted the day before Pyror goes on his official visit to Ann Arbor. This makes no sense. And he's supposedly going to Baton Rouge to visit LSU on Feb. 1.
    I agree, I won't believe anything about Pryor's selection until I see him signing a paper on National Letter of Intent Day.

I still think he will end up at UM. He wants the attention and recognition too much not to go where he can be a first year starter and big man on campus. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

I will say that I'm starting to somewhat agree with those who have been critical of Pryor and how he's handling the situation. He does seem to be milking this for every ounce of attention he can get. He's really setting himself up for high expectations wherever he lands. If he doesn't wind up being as good as billed, it could get ugly for him.

Saw something on ESPN earlier this weekend that Pryor has eliminated Ohio St and it will be between Michigan and Oregon.

He should take a page from Julio Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Saw something on ESPN earlier this weekend that Pryor has eliminated Ohio St and it will be between Michigan and Oregon.

He should take a page from Julio Jones.
    ESPN is out of the loop here.

Not worried yet.

Pryor is not milking the process, the parasites that are the recruiting services are bleeding him. Do you realize how much money is being spent by college football fans to gain insight into the college choice of a 18 year old kid? Give him his space. Between what I have read, and people I know, I expect him to wear Scarlet and Grey.

The bigger bombshell is that another of Ohio State's QBs is considering transferring. Herbie mentioned it on Friday, and there are leaks on the OSU websites about it.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'm not worried about getting Pryor all that much. It would be nice, but he's not going to be the one difference maker for OSU. They have to figure out how to stop good, balanced offenses like LSU, USC, and Florida throw at you first.

Getting Jenkins may be bigger than Pryor for this team. Build a great o-line with the brew crew, a great running game like always, and a truly great defense and even a Boeckman equivalent two year from now could look like a great QB.
    Last edited by guttle11; 01-21-2008 at 02:15 PM.

After some of the rumors and decisions that have occured over the past couple weeks, I think it's starting to get important for the Bucks to land Pryor. Schoenoft transferring to Deleware St. was sort of shoulder shrug move with Boeckman and Henton in front of him at the time. But over the past couple days there have been rumors that Henton is thinking of transferring to somewhere closer to home. If Henton decides to transfer the Bucks are suddenly incredibly thin at QB after Boeckman. And if Pryor goes elsewhere the Bucks will go into the season without any solid backups at QB. Going into the offseason I thought QB was a strength for the Buckeyes but with RS gone to Del St, Henton possibly transferring, and Pryor still making up his mind, the Buckeyes could be one QB injury away from a disaster.

Turn Off Ads?