Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Ohio State Football Recruiting

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Who does Rich Rod have as his starting QB? With Mallet gone and Terrelle not coming, He looks kind of dopey now.
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Who does Rich Rod have as his starting QB? With Mallet gone and Terrelle not coming, He looks kind of dopey now.
    I had read somewhere that Rodriguez landed a player who was a QB/S in high school, but was projected to be a safety. My guess is unless Rodriguez goes with David Cone as his starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Awesome news! This Buckeye fan is very happy...finally!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Anybody watch the press conference? About the 17 minute mark (on the video I saw) he was talking about schools that continued to talk to him. Paraphrasing what he said about Oregon, "Yeah, they've been tex...er calling me a lot." He gave one of those big "OOOPS" faces right after he said it. I'm wondering how many recruiting violations might come out of his recruitment for all the schools. Especially texting since it was recently banned by the NCAA but sounds like it's still in heavy use.

I hope he works out.
    It is about time that poor ole Ohio State gets a decent recruit or two.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I hope he works out.
    It is about time that poor ole Ohio State gets a decent recruit or two.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
    That's "University of Ohio State" to you.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    As a Toledo resident I can tell you that is absolutely not true. It's basically a 50/50 split. The Buckeye fans are out a little more right now, but that's because OSU is the more successful team.

Woodson by the way was from Fremont, about 45-60 minutes away. It's considered part of the whole NW Ohio area, but too far to be Toledo metro.
    I was playing in a high school golf tournament about 10 years ago and OSU's golf coach came over and was talking about watching a golf tournament up in Toledo. He said that he was wearing his OSU gear and realized that he wasn't in Buckeye country rather UM country. I have always felt Toledo was similar to Cincinnati in regards to fan support to OSU, not nearly as fanatical as the rest of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Excuse me, but that is THE University of Ohio State aka tUOS.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'm not so much excited about him coming to tOSU as I am about him NOT going to Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I am going to have to dig out the old Buckeyes fight song and play it a few times.

I just hope the new guy has a license to hunt gators, bulldogs and tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Anybody watch the press conference? About the 17 minute mark (on the video I saw) he was talking about schools that continued to talk to him. Paraphrasing what he said about Oregon, "Yeah, they've been tex...er calling me a lot." He gave one of those big "OOOPS" faces right after he said it. I'm wondering how many recruiting violations might come out of his recruitment for all the schools. Especially texting since it was recently banned by the NCAA but sounds like it's still in heavy use.
    It's something that is going to be impossible to enforce. Some coaches may take the high road, but you will have some who will go to whatever means necessary, even if it means being caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Hater.
    Witty signature.

"The University of Ohio State" line was an inside joke aimed at fellow recruit Lamarr Thomas. When Lamarr declared he goofed up and said that. The rest of the recruiting class has poked fun at him since.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?