Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football Recruiting

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Ohio State Football Recruiting

BuckCrazy! says Terrell will commit to OSU the week of March 17th.

http://forums.bucknuts.com/showthread.php?t=20078
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

lets get this over all ready...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Highlifeman, did an OSU player steal your girlfriend or something?
    One of my ex's hooked up with Simon Fraser, if that counts?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    One trick pony. He visits all OSU threads and posts this nonsense.
    Those in denial call it nonsense.

Those that have experienced know it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

It's just petty man. Nobody from these Universities can defend themselves. It's just not something that should be posted, IMO. Leave the gossip somewhere else. And it IS gossip.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I still call you full of it, and I know people at Ohio State involved in the process. So whatever.....
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

I haven't really gotten involved with all this so far in this thread.....but I can confidently say if this sort of stuff is going on it's only at the very top. I know a few players who never received (or were offered ) such benefits and I knew someone on the coaching staff last year and I never heard any of this. My friend on the coaching staff would tell me quite a bit of gossip around the program and I am confident he never saw or knew of any blatent misconduct. He also had quite a bit of interaction with recruits so I think your stories of OSU paying off recruits have absolutely no basis.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    BuckCrazy! says Terrell will commit to OSU the week of March 17th.

http://forums.bucknuts.com/showthread.php?t=20078

this stuff just makes no sense to me. If he's TRULY made his decision, why not just go ahead and sign? Saying he's definitely committing, but not for a couple of weeks is senseless.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    this stuff just makes no sense to me. If he's TRULY made his decision, why not just go ahead and sign? Saying he's definitely committing, but not for a couple of weeks is senseless.
    He might just be waiting till after the basketball season. Apparently the state finals are played on campus on PSU. If he is going to OSU the crowd could really ride him. Not saying it makes any sense, just maybe giving a possible explanation.

He also might want to wait till after basketball season to make an official visit to PSU because his dad wants him too.

It doesn't really make sense either way, just like nothing in his recruitment really has.

Pryor said after he won the state title game that he will announce his decision this week.

Bill Luginbill from ESPN had this to say about it:

While he may not be releasing his final two schools, it's our bet that he'll end up at Ohio State. As we've said in the past, we feel this may be the best fit for him to become a quarterback, not just an athlete playing quarterback. He won't have the weight of the world on his shoulders to be the guy and start from day one.
    As we've said in the past? Really Bill? Cause Luginbill has sure been tooting the UM and Oregon horn pretty loudly around signing day as witness by this other quote of his:

The minute Rich Rodriguez left West Virginia for Ann Arbor and David Cutcliffe cut out to be the head coach at Duke, everything changed for this class' greatest athlete. Prior to all this happening, we believe Pryor's choices were in this order: Tennessee, West Virginia and Ohio State with a few hangers on down the line. Now, the tables have turned and Oregon and Michigan have thrust themselves to the forefront for Pryor's services. If Oregon weren't so far away, the Ducks would likely be in the lead by a few lengths. Obviously both offenses fit Pryor's skills perfectly and while I'm sure he would love to contribute right away, I think he is smart enough to understand that red-shirting isn't a bad option either. Rodriguez has played with a freshman before in Pat White and if he wants to truly run his scheme in year one, he will likely hand the keys over to Pryor as the ultimate recruiting tool in luring him to Ann Arbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Pryor said after he won the state title game that he will announce his decision this week.

Bill Luginbill from ESPN had this to say about it:

As we've said in the past? Really Bill? Cause Luginbill has sure been tooting the UM and Oregon horn pretty loudly around signing day as witness by this other quote of his:
    Most of the recruiting analysts are bad at their jobs... kinda like sports writers!

Looks like Pryor to OSU at noon tomorrow (3/19)
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Well, he milked that for about as long as he could. At least he didn't pull a Jimmy Clausen and announce at the college football hall of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Well, he milked that for about as long as he could. At least he didn't pull a Jimmy Clausen and announce at the college football hall of fame.
    I think he had his reasons. Imagine what he would have gone through in the state finals had he announced for OSU a few weeks ago. The PSU fans there would have ridden him pretty hard.

The more I read about him the more I think he's just a kid dealing with college coach's that he had relationships with. It was probably pretty hard for him to tell someone no. Who knows what those around him were also pulling for....if he wanted to go to OSU but his dad wanted him to go to PSU that's a pretty tough situation. As a college student I can relate to him in a situation where he believes the best thing is different than what his father believes. It can be tough to go against your parent's wishes.

I've read that he's announcing tomorrow, but Ohio State being his choice is speculation. Now, I think that's *probably* going to be the choice, but the way this has all gone down, nothing would surprise me.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?