Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Re: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've read that he's announcing tomorrow, but Ohio State being his choice is speculation. Now, I think that's *probably* going to be the choice, but the way this has all gone down, nothing would surprise me.
    Absolutely, he could change his choice tonight the way this has unfolded. But I haven't seen any national analyst say anything other than OSU this past week.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

By tomorrow, he will either be adored by Buckeye nation or hated more than Charles Woodson.

No in-between.

Funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    By tomorrow, he will either be adored by Buckeye nation or hated more than Charles Woodson.

No in-between.

Funny how that works.
    Not for me. Charles Woodson was a traitor, an Ohio boy that went to Michigan. If Pryor doesn't go to tOSU, it will likely be to his home state school (PSU), and as a buckeye fan I can respect that...

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Not for me. Charles Woodson was a traitor, an Ohio boy that went to Michigan. If Pryor doesn't go to tOSU, it will likely be to his home state school (PSU), and as a buckeye fan I can respect that...
    You and me both. You probably do realize that we are in the minority though, right? Of course, maybe I exaggerrated a tad. I don't think anyone can equal the hate there is/was for Woodson.

Lake Orion, Michigan?

How did we pull you away from the dark side young clogger of bases?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    You and me both. You probably do realize that we are in the minority though, right? Of course, maybe I exaggerrated a tad. I don't think anyone can equal the hate there is/was for Woodson.

Lake Orion, Michigan?

How did we pull you away from the dark side young clogger of bases?
    My dad went to tOSU and my family is from Cincy

OSU has had their fair share of recruits from Michigan. Vernon Gholston comes to mind.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Craig Krenzel comes to mind as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Craig Krenzel comes to mind as well.
    True. But Krenzel was not someone a lot of teams were interested in. I don't think he spurned the Wolverines to come to Columbus.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

By all accounts, if Pryor picks anybody but OSU, it will be a shock.

On the same note, I don't know what kind of kid he is, if he really wanted to put off his decision so he could focus on school and the tournament, but I do believe the drama behind the whole recruiting process is going to force him to live up to standards that he has placed entirely on himself.

Regardless of where Pryor goes, he will have to live up to the hype for the whole circus his recruiting process has undergone, unlike say Julius Jones, who kept his pretty much quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

So you guys name two players from Michigan that went to tOSU, while Michigan has had two Heisman Trophy winners (out of three ) from Ohio...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    So you guys name two players from Michigan that went to tOSU, while Michigan has had two Heisman Trophy winners (out of three ) from Ohio...
    Wasn't Woodson from the Toledo area? That area up there is more pro UM than it is OSU.

Its over.......Pryor to the Bucks!!!!
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Congrats OSU fans, you got a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Wasn't Woodson from the Toledo area? That area up there is more pro UM than it is OSU.
    As a Toledo resident I can tell you that is absolutely not true. It's basically a 50/50 split. The Buckeye fans are out a little more right now, but that's because OSU is the more successful team.

Woodson by the way was from Fremont, about 45-60 minutes away. It's considered part of the whole NW Ohio area, but too far to be Toledo metro.
    Last edited by Danny Serafini; 03-19-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Big day in Columbus.

Good day to be a Buckeye and a Buckeye fan.

Not so good to be Rich Rodriguez right about niow...

Turn Off Ads?