Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Re: Ohio State Football Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Word around San Antonio is that Terrelle is hanging out with the Brew Crew constantly and has been overheard saying he knows already where he's going.

This is from an "Insider" at Bucknuts.com's forums. Although I don't know how much stock to put into this poster, he's seemed to have garnered a lot of respect over there (including Buck football recruiting guru Bill Kuerlic).
    Is it BuckCrazy? If so he's been dead on accurate about alot of stuff over there.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Is it BuckCrazy? If so he's been dead on accurate about alot of stuff over there.
    I believe it was him. I don't go over there a whole bunch but that name certainly jumps out at me.
    Witty signature.

BuckCrazy doesn't post on the Insider Board, but the sources in San Antonio (Matt Natali and Gary Housteau) have confirmed that Pryor is hanging with the Brew Crew. You can read a diary on Scout's page by one of the East backs (Gray?), and even he mentioned that everyone there thinks Pryor is a Buckeye.

Supposedly DeVier Posey is tearing it up too and looks really good. It'll be awesome to see so many future Bucks on display this weekend.

IMO, if OSU gets Jenkins, they will get Pryor as well.

Getting Jenkins may be easier said than done though with Stewart taking over at WVU.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    BuckCrazy doesn't post on the Insider Board, but the sources in San Antonio (Matt Natali and Gary Housteau) have confirmed that Pryor is hanging with the Brew Crew. You can read a diary on Scout's page by one of the East backs (Gray?), and even he mentioned that everyone there thinks Pryor is a Buckeye.

Supposedly DeVier Posey is tearing it up too and looks really good. It'll be awesome to see so many future Bucks on display this weekend.
    Jonas Gray - he's a ND recruit who is writing a blog. He does talk about Pryor, but is on rivals - not scout.

I think you need a rivals account to read it, but here is the relevant part (this is from 12/30):

"This game will also be a great chance for Terrelle Pryor to showcase his talents. There have been some people that have second guessed him, but I know he'll show people he can play.

If I had to guess where Terrelle goes, I would say he ends up at Ohio State. I could still see him at Michigan, but he's going to watch the Ryan Mallett situation closely. I know Mallett is going to decide after the bowl game and if he decides to transfer, Terrelle Pryor is going to Michigan. I have a real good feel for that."
    Last edited by Puffy; 01-03-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Jonas Gray - he's a ND recruit who is writing a blog. He does talk about Pryor, but is on rivals - not scout.

I think you need a rivals account to read it, but here is the relevant part:

"This game will also be a great chance for Terrelle Pryor to showcase his talents. There have been some people that have second guessed him, but I know he'll show people he can play.

If I had to guess where Terrelle goes, I would say he ends up at Ohio State. I could still see him at Michigan, but he's going to watch the Ryan Mallett situation closely. I know Mallett is going to decide after the bowl game and if he decides to transfer, Terrelle Pryor is going to Michigan. I have a real good feel for that."
    That's a different blog entry than the one I saw previously. Some of the kids are really adept at playing games with recruiting nuts like myself.

This is from 12/1 diary:

"After the practice we were all just chilling and talking about some recruiting stuff. We all think Darrell Scott is going to go to Texas. It's either Texas or Colorado we think. He also likes Michigan, but sometimes when a team is a close third they usually don't go to them. We think Terrelle Pryor is already committed to Ohio State too."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I think BuckCrazy is Stoneburner's Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think BuckCrazy is Stoneburner's Mom.
    Whoever it is they are very specifically close to one of the recruit's. I remember reading something along those lines that is was someone close to Stoneburner, I think it was speculated then that it was a girlfriend but either way it makes sense.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

The latest rumor is that the #1 CB from in the nation, Patrick Johnson, decomitted from Miami and Pryor is working on him to join him at OSU.

Yeah, Pryor was quoted as saying if Pat Johnson goes to Ohio State, so will he.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Pat Johnson will go to LSU. He will choose today At the AA game between LSU, Fla St, and Florida (i think).

The Toledo Blade has said they think Pryor will make a surprise announcement today during the game, but I doubt it.
    Witty signature.

From what I've been reading, I think it's highly unlikely Mallet comes back to Michigan. I think he's transferring, most likely to UCLA. And that will make it awfully tough for Pryor to turn down going to Michigan. He's probably step right into the starters role. Even if his plan right now is to head to Columbus, Mallett transferring might be enough to make him seriously rethink it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    From what I've been reading, I think it's highly unlikely Mallet comes back to Michigan. I think he's transferring, most likely to UCLA. And that will make it awfully tough for Pryor to turn down going to Michigan. He's probably step right into the starters role. Even if his plan right now is to head to Columbus, Mallett transferring might be enough to make him seriously rethink it.
    From what Pryor said today while being interviewed ("hopefully I can make a decision by the end of February") I would think his decision is still (1) very much up in the air and (2) very far away.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    From what Pryor said today while being interviewed ("hopefully I can make a decision by the end of February") I would think his decision is still (1) very much up in the air and (2) very far away.
    I gotta think he just mis-spoke, signing day is Feb 6th. I can't imagine he waits that long unless it's for sure Michigan.

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?