Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win the Heisman?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Tebow

34 65.38%
  • Darren McFadden

16 30.77%
  • Colt Brennan

2 3.85%
  • Chase Daniel

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heisman Finalists - Who wins?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Heisman Finalists - Who wins?

Per AP

Tim Tebow
    Darren McFadden
    Colt Brennan
    Chase Daniel

Who do you think will win?

Who do you want to win?

Yes, they can be different answers.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Heisman Finalists - Who wins?

I think Tebow will win.

I want Brennan to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I think Tebow will win.

I want Brennan to win.
    That is exactly my thought. Brennan I thought deserved it last year. He is a terrific player. I have no clue what he will do in the NFL, but he has put up astounding numbers in the NCAA. Give it to him, Tebow has plenty of time to still win it.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Tebow will win it.

McFadden should win it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Tebow should win it, McFadden will.
    Go Gators!

At this point I'd say it's a coin toss between McFadden and Tebow, with Brennan and Daniel making token appearances to congratulate the winner and say how it's an honor just being nominated.

Dixon should win. If not, McFadden should win. Tebow is a lock at this point.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I don't think McFadden is going to get it. If he does it will mean the Heisman went to someone who had 700 fewer rushing yards and 13 fewer TDs than the nation leader (same guy in both categories). McFadden might be the best pro prospect but he hasn't even been the best RB in college football this season.

Tim Tebow and Colt Brennan are a lot closer than McFadden is to Kevin Smith. 2400 yards and 30 TDs and you don't even get an invite?

I think Tebow has this thing. Today the AP writers gave him the SEC offensive player of the year award. If that is any indication ........
    Last edited by MaineRed; 12-05-2007 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    McFadden should win.
    I've read your arguments on why Dixon should win but I am curious as to why you think McFadden should if DD doesn't?

You really think he has had a better season than Tim Tebow?

I believe the only way Tebow doesn't win is if the voters don't want a soph to win...which is quite likely. I hate Tebow with a passion, but he was the most impressive player this year, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    I've read your arguments on why Dixon should win but I am curious as to why you think McFadden should if DD doesn't?

You really think he has had a better season than Tim Tebow?
    My criteria is simply this: the award stipulates it's supposed to go to the "most outstanding" player in college football. To me that's as much subjective as objective. I just think outside of Dixon, McFadden is the most outstanding player. I don't care about the team they play on. If a guy isn't on a good team, but is still the most outstanding, he should get the award. My personal opinion is that I DO NOT want the Heisman to become an MVP award. And that's what it is becoming. If the powers that be want it to be an MVP, they ought to just call it that.

When I've watched McFadden, I know I'm watching a special talent, something you don't see every year. It's that simple. He changes games by himself and does things few people can do.

And as I've mentioned on other threads, if you took Tebow's TD runs of just a few yards, I don't think he would be in the conversation. And that to me is a very important factor. If you agree that if you took goal line TDs away, he wouldn't be the Heisman winner, then you're saying that goal line TDs is some kind of special skill. To me, if you're going to looks at a stat, look at yards. Some might say, "sure if you could take away something from all players, then....", but I think this is a unique situation. To me, I see nothing uunfair about removing the affect of simple goal line plunges into the end zone. If he was truly Heisman worthy, you could look at his overall body of work and still think he's deserving without goal line TDs. If you look at the other contenders, there's not one thing you could look at and say, "if it weren't for that, then we wouldn't be talking about him."

I do believe Tebow is a hell of a player. But I've never been enamored by the TD stat. Never have, and it has nothing to do with Tebow. This isn't a statistical award. Reggie Bush's overall stats were pretty good, but that's not why he won. If you're gonig to look at TDs, like I said before, Graham Harrell has 49 of them. And he's done it against some prety good teams as well in the Big 12.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

My criteria is simply this: the award stipulates it's supposed to go to the "most outstanding" player in college football. To me that's as much subjective as objective. I just think outside of Dixon, McFadden is the most outstanding player. I don't care about the team they play on. If a guy isn't on a good team, but is still the most outstanding, he should get the award. My personal opinion is that I DO NOT want the Heisman to become an MVP award. And that's what it is becoming. If the powers that be want it to be an MVP, they ought to just call it that.

When I've watched McFadden, I know I'm watching a special talent, something you don't see every year. It's that simple. He changes games by himself and does things few people can do.

And as I've mentioned on other threads, if you took Tebow's TD runs of just a few yards, I don't think he would be in the conversation. And that to me is a very important factor. If you agree that if you took goal line TDs away, he wouldn't be the Heisman winner, then you're saying that goal line TDs is some kind of special skill. To me, if you're going to looks at a stat, look at yards. Some might say, "sure if you could take away something from all players, then....", but I think this is a unique situation. To me, I see nothing uunfair about removing the affect of simple goal line plunges into the end zone. If he was truly Heisman worthy, you could look at his overall body of work and still think he's deserving without goal line TDs. If you look at the other contenders, there's not one thing you could look at and say, "if it weren't for that, then we wouldn't be talking about him."
    I do believe Tebow is a hell of a player. But I've never been enamored by the TD stat. Never have, and it has nothing to do with Tebow. This isn't a statistical award. Reggie Bush's overall stats were pretty good, but that's not why he won. If you're gonig to look at TDs, like I said before, Graham Harrell has 49 of them. And he's done it against some prety good teams as well in the Big 12.
    Great quarterback play + Goalline Beast = something the likes of which has never been seen = my choice for Heisman. I don't care about the number of scores whatsoever by the way. Give Harrell the Heisman if you want.

And as I've mentioned on other threads, if you took Tebow's TD runs of just a few yards, I don't think he would be in the conversation. And that to me is a very important factor.
    I think a player who has thrown for 3100 yards and run for another 800 would still be in the mix even throwing TD's out of the discussion.
    Go Gators!

Other than the LSU game when did McFadden look like the best player in the country?

He had four games where he didn't even get 100 yards which I bet nobody who says McFadden should get it even knows. This is the best player/running back in the country?

Maybe I am just not watching the right games but other than the LSU game, Arkansas continually put in a back-up RB who produced at a better rate than McFadden. For me it was hard to watch the Razorbacks and not come away more impressed with Felix Jones.

I think McFadden is the best NFL prospect.

I think Dixon would have had the best season had he played all his games. I think playing all games (or maybe miss one) is a criteria for player of the year, like it or not. And he was the most valuable player *when he played* and I would have given the Heisman to him had he done played all year.

After Dixon, Tebow has had the best year against a top-notch schedule. I think he should win it.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see the sophomore factor come in and McFadden win.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?