Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New contract for Brian Kelly?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New contract for Brian Kelly?

I hope it happens. All this speculation about him leaving has really hurt recruiting, from what they have said.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Would be enough to make up for the stress I have dealt with this week.

I don't like Kelly going so public with this at this stage of the contract talks and his UC career.

He is showing a little too much prima donna for my tastes.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I don't like Kelly going so public with this at this stage of the contract talks and his UC career.

Yeah I don't know why he has to repeatedly say that it's "unfortunate" and that he's "disappointed" about not getting a new contract after being on the job one year.

Seems to have an inflated sense of entitlement. He's done a good job, and is getting paid well over $800k in his first year. A huge raise from CMU. I know he wants more facilities, but geesh, no reason to take small frustrations public at "this" point.

I agree. I didn't like him talking about ending the series with Miami earlier in the season either.

I do appreciate the fact that he's referring to his "attorney," not his "agent." That's a good thing.

Supposedly the major hold-up is not financial, but rather he wants guarantees that the university will upgrade practice facilities. Can't blame him for wanting that.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

That bothered me too. C'mon now. You're one year into a 5 year contract and you're moaning that they haven't extended you?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I hope so too. I don't want Michigan to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That bothered me too. C'mon now. You're one year into a 5 year contract and you're moaning that they haven't extended you?
    Happens to every coach that isn't coach at 1 of 10 premiere schools around the country. You perform very well, you want a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Happens to every coach that isn't coach at 1 of 10 premiere schools around the country. You perform very well, you want a raise.
    No, it doesn't. You don't see Gregg Brandon, Shane Montgomery, Brady Hoke, or any number of other D1 coaches clamoring for more money after a successful season. Especially when you're signed for 5 years already. It's a slap in the face of the people who hired Kelly to ask for more money after 11 months on the job.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Turn Off Ads?