Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why no Dunn Rumors

Why no Dunn Rumors

Why aren't we hearing more rumors about Adam Dunn getting traded? 13 Mil a year for a big-time slugger seems like a pretty good contract...

I look at teams like the Giants, Angels, and Orioles and wonder why he isn't being brought up in trades for them.

Is he that much of a defensive liability? Are teams afraid of his K's? Are the Reds not willing to trade him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why no Dunn Rumors

He has a no trade clause until June 15th.

But isn't it only to a hand-full of teams?

10 teams of his choosing

He has a full no-trade clause until the break then he has a hand full of teams he can be traded to. Maybe we don't hear anything because the Reds plan on signing him long term.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Maybe this, and the no trade clause, has something to do with it...

From Trent's blog:

11:44 a.m. EST: Dusty was delightful. He said he didn't come here to manage without Griffey and Dunn.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

I, for one, am glad there hasn't been any Dunn rumors.
    Most Vottomatic Player

I second that.

Wasn't one of Krivsky's first moves getting Hatteburg and moving Dunn off first? Or was that after they moved Willy MO? Either way, I remember how excited I was when I thought the reds were going to finally move Dunn over to first, and let Wily Mo, Jr, Kearns, and Dunn play everday and combine for 150 HRs. Anyhow my point is, if the reds where interested in keeping Dunn around after this season he would be on 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    Wasn't one of Krivsky's first moves getting Hatteburg and moving Dunn off first? Or was that after they moved Willy MO? Either way, I remember how excited I was when I thought the reds were going to finally move Dunn over to first, and let Wily Mo, Jr, Kearns, and Dunn play everday and combine for 150 HRs. Anyhow my point is, if the reds where interested in keeping Dunn around after this season he would be on 1st.
    My understanding is he doesn't like 1st, and if he doesn't like to play 1st (and we put him there), he probably wouldn't be open to signing a long term deal.

Turn Off Ads?