Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bailey for Rios being discussed?

Re: Bailey for Rios being discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    If you can trade Bruce and change for Bedard and then flip Bailey for Rios, I think you've done a service to the team.
    That's one way to actualize your prospects. But you'd better get the pitcher first.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not sure if Rios is a RFer instead of a CFer ONLY because the Jays already had Wells in CF, but he's good enough in RF that it might be the case. It's at least theoretically possible that Rios is an average to above defensive CFer.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yeah, the Reds don't need a CF and Homer is just shedding his Jim Maloney shell right?
    I was unaware that Rios played centerfield. He is a good defensive right fielder, but that doesn't mean he can move to CF and be any better than Josh Hamilton there.

Also, who does he start in front of? It won't be Dunn or Griffey, regardless of what we think about those situations. Would he start over Josh Hamilton?

As for Bailey, when did I bring him up at all in this thread?

What if Griffey and Dunn are on the way out? Hamilton, Bruce, Rios anyone?
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Yeah, and I firmly believe that Bruce is as close to untouchable as there is.

But turning Bruce and Bailey into Bedard and Rios - thats straight up potential for sure fire above average production. Not to mention Bedard is dominant lefty and Rios is righty on a left handed heavy offensive team.
    Love the thought. Does Jr. become the 4th outfielder then?
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I was unaware that Rios played centerfield. He is a good defensive right fielder, but that doesn't mean he can move to CF and be any better than Josh Hamilton there.

Also, who does he start in front of? It won't be Dunn or Griffey, regardless of what we think about those situations. Would he start over Josh Hamilton?

IF Rios comes to the Reds, he'll play CF this year.

Bailey?

Ummm the title of this thread is pretty much the reason don't ya think?

If Krivsky was able to spin Bruce and Bailey into Bedard and Rios, he should immediately be nominated for Executive of the Year and given a five-year extension. Those would be the best moves possible for this franchise, both in the present as well as the future.

If you have to add names like Stubbs and Maloney, so be it!
    Go BLUE!!!

doug, are you honestly saying you wouldn't move Bailey and Bruce for Rios and Bedard?
    Go BLUE!!!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

In post #5 when you said
    Love rumors that don't make sense.
    As RMR has said, if we could turn Bruce into Bedard, and then Bailey into Rios, this definitely wouldn't be the Reds we all love and know.

Acquiring Rios would likely be a precursor for trading a current outfielder.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    That's one way to actualize your prospects. But you'd better get the pitcher first.
    Agreed. You have to have Bedard in hand. I wonder if there's a shot at a 3 way deal here.

Bailey to Toronto, Rios to SF, Lincecum to Cincy.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Agreed. You have to have Bedard in hand.

So, a Bedard in the Hand is worth a Rios in the bush
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Acquiring Rios would likely be a precursor for trading a current outfielder.
    Yeah, trading for Rios w/o getting rid of a current Cincy OFer makes zero sense.

Just because a deal didn't get done at the meetings doesn't mean some interesting possiblities haven't cropped up because of them.

These next few months will be very interesting.

Stay tuned, indeed.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Here's a fun thread to read from last offseason.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ight=alex+rios

Turn Off Ads?