Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Bailey for Rios being discussed?

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Re: Bailey for Rios being discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Giants Get:
    Alex Rios
    Travis Wood

Blue Jays Get:
    Homer Bailey

Reds Get:
    Tim Lincecum

Good shot I am going to give it a shot.

Jays get: Bailey, Hanigan, Janish

Reds get: Bedard & Randor Bierd (O's Rule V pick)

O's get: Rios, Votto, Sergio Santos (Jays SS) & Chris Dickerson
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    While someone may benefit from the fact that he throws with his left hand, its not going to make me more or less likely to like him as a starter. A pitcher that is going to give you 175 innings of 3.00 ERA baseball with 10 strikeouts per 9 innings is still that same pitcher no matter what hand he is throwing the baseball with.

I think good pitchers are good pitchers and would try to have as many of them as possible. If I had a choice between a rotation with 5 right handers or a rotation with 4 righties and 1 lefty, but that 1 lefty was not as good as that final righty, why would I choose a lefty?
    Still an oversimplification. I agree, if my number 1 is righty or lefty doesn't mean two shakes to me. That the Reds might not be able to get Eric Bedard, and if other things were equal, the hand a gent throws with might be a decision rule. For example, if you say for the sake of argument that Righty A and Lefty A are essentially the same pitcher and you have the choice of both on the table, it would be reasonable to consider "we sure could use a lefty in the rotation." That is my point, which I think you saying "hand doesn't matter" assumes that the choice is quality of pitcher. And that is rarely the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Good shot I am going to give it a shot.

Jays get: Bailey, Hanigan, Janish

Reds get: Bedard & Randor Bierd (O's Rule V pick)

O's get: Rios, Votto, Sergio Santos (Jays SS) & Chris Dickerson

What's next? Mad Libs?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I really think Jr plus cash to the Rays for a bullpen arm could actually get done if the Reds really wanted to move Jr.
    Wouldn't Junior be able to veto that? I can't imagine he'd want to play with the Rays, even if they are in Florida.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Wouldn't Junior be able to veto that? I can't imagine he'd want to play with the Rays, even if they are in Florida.
    Yes. Jr is the master of his own destiny.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?