Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Possible Trade with Rangers?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Possible Trade with Rangers?

Millwood and the rookie? might be a decent trade if we get some money back too.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Gary Redus Ruled

Doesnt look like that says both...Looks like just Volsquez
    Hoping for another Reds October

Getting another starter in my opinion is a matter of getting a proven starter. We have about 5 (Belisle, Bailey, Livingston, Shearn, Maloney) guys that I believe could be starters on opening day and COULD be successful. If I get a guy it's a guy that has pitched multiple seasons in the low 4s. That way you don't have to give up all thta much and you get a guy that can win you an extra few games per year while waiting for Bailey and Cueto to be great. The proven guys like Santana, Haren and Bedard would be too expensive for a team like the Reds which relies on it's 5-6 years of major league control for the guys that it brings up. You can't tell me that we can afford to add a 20 million dollar pitcher in 2010 because that's what Haren will be. I'll gladly take my chances with 10-12 more years of Bailey and Cueto because the total that they'll make over those years is about 20 million. If together they produce half of what Haren did then they'll be the better value. My mind may be different if we were just 1 starter from a deep playoff push. Were not and we're not the Yankees. We have to be more wise with our money.
    Last edited by BucksandReds; 12-06-2007 at 06:02 PM.

I've said all along that WK should turn his attention to some of these teams #2 and #3 starters and see if he can pry them away for less.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I've said all along that WK should turn his attention to some of these teams #2 and #3 starters and see if he can pry them away for less.
    Still, you want to exhaust all of the better options first.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Absolutely correct. But, as "TN Red Fan" states shoot high and wild at first, you might get lucky and knock a better apple off the tree. Realistically, a #2-3 is what we can expect for a Hamilton+, or EE+, or Votto+. Wisely, the Reds aren't considering anything in exchange for Jay Bruce. And he apparently is what everybody wants. Every other GM is shooting high and wild at first too. Imagine that.....

Is there any chance we could really be in talks about Volsquez? His numbers look very promising. How much would we have to pay?

Have any idea what kind of Trade this would be?

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    Have any idea what kind of Trade this would be?
    stupid

Bleeding Red in the South

Volsquez stuff is pretty nasty, but he is a little wild at times. I'd want something more than just Volsquez for Josh.

volquez for a Freel package

Think the Rangers would bite on Stubbs and Freel for Wilson or Volsquez?
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

We should also try to get Taylor Teagarden if we trade with the Rangers. Hamilton is poised for a great season, it should take a huge amount of talent coming back if we trade him.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Teagargen and Volquez for Hamilton. That might not be that bad. I'd prefer it over Willis.
    Maybe Teagarden and Hurley but i doubt the Rangers would do that

Turn Off Ads?