Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Speculation Fun

Trade Speculation Fun

I'm having withdrawal now that the winter meetings are over- so, I find it interesting to engage in wild speculation:

--The O's are in Serious trade talks w/ the Cubs to trade 2nd baseman, someone in another thread pointed out that this is suspicious and speculated that B. Phillips might be on his way to the O's

-- Reds are inquiring on Colorado's 2nd baseman, why?

--Reds are inquiring on Rios, why?

Even there's any truth to these reasons, then either Wayne's insane, or B. Phillips is being offered in trade... possibly to the O's.

Theoretically speaking - if the Reds traded Bailey for Rios and traded Phillips and Votto to the O's for Bedard. Would we be happy or sad?

Rotation becomes:
    Harang
    Bedard
    Arroyo
    Belisle
    Cueto?

We lose a RH bat but we gain a better one, Kepp or other replacement takes over for Phillips at 2nd... Rios fills in for Dunn who moves to 1st to fill in for Votto.

Outfield: Rios, Hamilton, Griffey (Bruce in the future)

Lineup:
    Hamiliton
    Kepp
    Griffey
    Rios
    Dunn
    Encarnacion
    Gonzalez
    Ross/Valentin

This gives us our RH bat and 1a Starter...

I wouldn't be upset about this...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Speculation Fun

me likesy
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Too much movement it won't happen.

Bailey and Cueto will be gods next season

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    Too much movement it won't happen.
    Two trades is too much movement? What do you mean?

I would really like to see another trade to maybe "shake things up", but this time in a GOOD way fo the Redlegs
    Let's make some noise!

The only thing is this:

Baltimore doesn't need a 1B, the have Kevin Millar, who's decent. Votto is a nice prospect, but he probably won't be any better than Millar for a while.

What they do need is a CF, where Tike Redmond is no better than a journeyman back-up.

It seems more likely that they'd want Hamilton than Votto, which also fits the Rios rumors, as Rios would be coming in to play CF. It also helps that Hamilton's name been thrown around from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by TN Red Fan View Post
    The only thing is this:

Baltimore doesn't need a 1B, the have Kevin Millar, who's decent. Votto is a nice prospect, but he probably won't be any better than Millar for a while.

What they do need is a CF, where Tike Redmond is no better than a journeyman back-up.

It seems more likely that they'd want Hamilton than Votto, which also fits the Rios rumors, as Rios would be coming in to play CF. It also helps that Hamilton's name been thrown around from the beginning.
    Hamilton & Phillips would be fine...
    No one wants to give up Phillips but if it nets us Bedard and a legitimate playoff team... I'm game.

I wouldn't trade Phillips.
    Give them Votto, EdE and some other prospect.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7
    Check out my Reds blog! Hit me up with any advice on it at anytime, it's always appreciated.
    http://redscheatsheet.blogspot.com/

No way you trade a gold glove caliber 2B who can also play SS and was a 30/30 man. I like Rios but we are already loaded in the OF, we need to unload an OF not pick one up. I would love to have Bedard but man I would hate to lose Bailey. I would give up Hamilton and Votto and Maloney for Bedard in a heart beat, don't really want to lose Votto either. We might be able to package EE for Bedard. I just don't want to see us get burned!
    Last edited by Bigredfan#1; 12-06-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredfan#1 View Post
    I like Rios but we are already loaded in the OF, we need to unload and OF not pick one up.
    I vote for quote of the winter meeting threads
    Let's make some noise!

Recovering Cubs Fan

I say we put a Dudley Do-right mountie hat on Josh Hamilton, tell them he's Canadian, and trade him straight up for Rios.

Keep Bailey and Cueto, since pitching is such a crapshoot anyway.

Take some lumps a year or two, then it's party time.

And oh yeah, fire Dusty.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    I say we put a Dudley Do-right mountie hat on Josh Hamilton, tell them he's Canadian, and trade him straight up for Rios.

Keep Bailey and Cueto, since pitching is such a crapshoot anyway.

Take some lumps a year or two, then it's party time.

And oh yeah, fire Dusty.
    That makes no sense. Hamilton is better than Rios and the Reds control him for 5 more seasons. Why on earth would they trade him for Rios?
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Swapping OF doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Rios is an all-star and great player but I just don't see it. Rios would be a great pick up, but like the whole world is saying we already have to many outfielders.

I think to many people assume we can pick up Rios and then trade Dunn or Griffey or whoever. Not very often do chain reaction trades like this happen.

[QUOTE=hippie07;1511318]
    Even there's any truth to these reasons, then either Wayne's insane, or B. Phillips is being offered in trade... possibly to the O's.

Wayne is insane if he is even remotely considering trading Brandon Philips! You just can't do that! Go moderate, Wayne!

Turn Off Ads?