Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rangers interested in a trade for Hamilton

Rangers interested in a trade for Hamilton

The Rangers also talked to the Cincinnati Reds at the Winter Meetings about outfielder Josh Hamilton. The Reds are looking for starting pitching and would likely want Edinson Volquez included in any deal.

Volquez' 2007 numbers: 2-1, 4.50 ERA, 6 gs, 34 ip, 18 runs, 17 er, 4 hr, 15 walks, 29 strikeouts.

A small sample, but he seems to be a pretty good starting pitcher for a rookie.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 12-07-2007 at 09:51 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rangers interested in a trade for Hamilton

He put up some good K rates in the minors too last year but has struggled in the Majors before. Still if we could get him and some other prospects for Hamilton and Freel to the Rangers I think I would be game.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...-Volquez.shtml

What am I missing guys? Volquez may have potential but he's not had much success at all.... would we really trade Hamilton for a guy like this? Freel and others I can see, but Hamilton???

Volquez has a fastball that hits the mid 90's and a very good change that breaks down and away from lefties. He lacks command, but his stuff is good enough to fool hitters at this point. We would need another prospect to balance the trade, but I would consider it if I were Wayne.

There is a similar thread on ORG, and I copied this information from one of the posts on that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Volquez has a fastball that hits the mid 90's and a very good change that breaks down and away from lefties. He lacks command, but his stuff is good enough to fool hitters at this point. We would need another prospect to balance the trade, but I would consider it if I were Wayne.

There is a similar thread on ORG, and I copied this information from one of the posts on that thread.
    I see but that sounds like something you'd about a Rule V pick or something, not someone you just acquired for Josh Hamilton....

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see the Reds get him, but I think Josh is too much

I'd ask for: CJ Wilson, Taylor Teagarden, and Volquez.... for Hamilton and let the negotiations start from there

Unless Hamilton is involved in a trade for a #1, 2, or 3 starter, then I don't want him traded. If he's traded for a #3 starter, I would hope that we trade Hamilton and get back a starter and other prospects. I just think Josh has proven himself to be legit, and has a huge upside in every area of baseball. If he were still in the minors, he would be the #1 prospect in all of the minors, no doubt.
    Who's on first?

Turn Off Ads?