Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A couple trade ideas

A couple trade ideas

Here are a couple trades I think the Reds maybe able to swing.

EE and Belisle to the Giants
    for
    Lowry and Sanchez

Hamilton,Cueto,and Coffey to the Rangers
    for
    Volquez,Benoit,and Teagarden

Bailey,Freel,Stanton,and Janish to the Blue Jays
    for
    Rios

Then sign Leiber to a 2 year 8-10 mil contract to hold down the
    4th spot int he rotation for a couple years.

Then sign Leiber to be the 4th starter.
    The Reds would be giving up 2 good pitching prospects in Cueto and Bailey but be bringing back 4 in Lowry,Volquez,Beniot,and Sanchez.Then add Rios to the lineup in CF and batting 4th between JR and Dunn and the Reds would be in a great postion the contend in 08.Lets look at the Roster.

SP
    1)Harang
    2)Arroyo
    3)Lowry
    4)Leiber
    5)Volquez

BP
    CL Cordero
    R Burton
    R Beniot
    R McBeth
    L Bray
    L Sanchez
    L Coutlangous(sp)

Lineup
    C Ross/Teagarden
    1st Votto
    2nd Phillips
    3rd Keppinger
    SS Gonzo
    LF Dunn
    CF Rios
    RF JR

That is a roster that could and should contend in 08.These are a coupel move sthat I think could happen if the Reds get pretty aggressive.I just dont think WK will get that aggressive.But what do you guys think.Would it help the Reds or hurt them.I think it would make them a favorite to win the NL and go to the WS.
    Last edited by fewfirstchoice; 12-07-2007 at 11:50 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A couple trade ideas

Lowry is awful no thanks

I would only trade Bailey or Cueto if I got back a proven #1 starter. To trade both without getting even one proven #1 starter makes no sense. Odds are one of them will be a #1 starter, and maybe both.

There is not a single player in the list of players that the Reds would acquire that I would give up any of the big five for.

Lowry, is a #5 starter at best.
    Benoit is a middle reliever, and a failed starter.
    Volquez is unproven, a great prospect, but not better than Bailey or Cueto.
    Teagarden is unproven, and a position the Reds don't need to fill.
    Sanchez: see Volquez
    Rios would be a nice addition as a right handed bat, but he is not as good as Hamilton.

I would like to Reds to acquire any of these players, but just not at the expense of any of the big five.

I would trade Bailey or Cueto for a #1 OR #2 starter. I might trade them for a #3 starter and some other return if the price was right. We need starting pitching. I believe in our position players and think they are as good as any other team in the NL central. We just need pitching and I think our fortunes change.

it has already bet let known the giants had offered noah lowry to the marlins for miguel cabrera. what would make you think they would trade him for encarnacion. and quite frankly as has already been stated im quite happy thats the case. regardless though thanks for the imput.

I don't think the Giants would deal both Lowry and Sanchez for just EE and Belisle, nor would the Jays deal Rios for just Bailey. And we'd be giving too much up for just Volquez, a question mark, and Benoit, who is just a reliever. Teagarden, I'm not high on.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I would only trade Bailey or Cueto if I got back a proven #1 starter. To trade both without getting even one proven #1 starter makes no sense. Odds are one of them will be a #1 starter, and maybe both.

There is not a single player in the list of players that the Reds would acquire that I would give up any of the big five for.

Lowry, is a #5 starter at best.
    Benoit is a middle reliever, and a failed starter.
    Volquez is unproven, a great prospect, but not better than Bailey or Cueto.
    Teagarden is unproven, and a position the Reds don't need to fill.
    Sanchez: see Volquez
    Rios would be a nice addition as a right handed bat, but he is not as good as Hamilton.

I would like to Reds to acquire any of these players, but just not at the expense of any of the big five.
    AGREE!!

that is probably the worst of the "if the Reds make like 30 trades then their roster looks like in 2008" ideas so far...

I know everyone has a win now mentality since we've been sucking for about 9 nears, but why are we in such a hurry to trade everyone? If we let our young guys develop over the next year or two than we will have a pretty productive lineup for years to come. Hamilton, Bruce, Bailey, Cueto, EE, and Votto could all become very productive. I'm okay with trading maybe one or two of these guys for a more guaranteed product but selling the farm just doesn't seem all that smart to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    I know everyone has a win now mentality since we've been sucking for about 9 nears, but why are we in such a hurry to trade everyone? If we let our young guys develop over the next year or two than we will have a pretty productive lineup for years to come. Hamilton, Bruce, Bailey, Cueto, EE, and Votto could all become very productive. I'm okay with trading maybe one or two of these guys for a more guaranteed product but selling the farm just doesn't seem all that smart to me.
    that in combination with a terrific FA class of pitchers next offseason...

Turn Off Ads?