Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds interested in Mike Cameron?

Re: Reds interested in Mike Cameron?

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic View Post
    I can't get over how undervalued Josh Hamilton is all of a sudden. If you trade him, you have to get a 1 or 2 starter -- not an "above-average pitcher."
    I think Josh is a great player and a great story. However, his value is in the process of climbing. Once he can turn an a 150 game season, we might be able to trade him for the value we think he has. Until then, teams are still going to think they're taking a chance on him being injured or re-addiction.

The truth is this team would be better off rebuilding this offense around Hamilton and Bruce and finding a new home for Junior. Use Homer/Cueto/Encarnacion/Votto to trade for a starter.
    Perhaps!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Cameron wants a LTC, then, no thanks!

No thanks on Cameron. I don't like the age or the suspension. Hamilton will blow up next season offensively.

Time for a youth movement in Cincinnati.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I can't get over how undervalued Josh Hamilton is all of a sudden. If you trade him, you have to get a 1 or 2 starter -- not an "above-average pitcher."

The truth is this team would be better off rebuilding this offense around Hamilton and Bruce and finding a new home for Junior. Use Homer/Cueto/Encarnacion/Votto to trade for a starter.
    Trading exactly who you want to get what you need isn't always that simple. Sometimes you have to make a trade where the need is greater than what you're losing, which is exactly why I think Hamilton's name has come up. I keep on promoting Jr. trades as well, but if the other team has what you need, I can't see holding on to Hamilton at this stage in his potential career.

I can\'t get over how undervalued Josh Hamilton is all of a sudden. If you trade him, you have to get a 1 or 2 starter -- not an \"above-average pitcher.\"

I\'d trade Hamilton three times before any of the four guys you just listed.

I think many on redszone overvalue Hamilton.

Unless the Reds can get at least a #2 starter for Hamilton I'm keepin' him.

And, unless you are trading Hamilton I want no part of Cammeron. At his age his game is in decline, both offensively and defensively. A lot of posters cite Cammy's defensive abilities but, in reality, playing in a small park takes away from what could be his biggest asset. Balls that he caught at Petco are known as souvenirs at GAB.

Some worry that Hamilton will have injury problems but that should also be a major worry for a 35 y.o. I can't help but remember that the 'Cammy hammy' injury in '99 was a big reason the Reds missed winning the division.

Rem

PS: Who wrote that Cammeron enjoyed playing with Jr. in '99? Don't these people have fact-checkers? Yikes!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Get Tomko and Cameron back, and they end up getting Griffey for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

Jake Meyer, the key of the deal, says Hi.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

If only it were that simple...

Rem

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I was kidding....I don't want Tomko back.

Doesn't Cameron have to end up in Washington for the sake of the "Nati" rule?

Haunted by walks

What's Antonio Perez doing these days?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

in large part because he enjoyed teammates such as Barry Larkin, Ken Griffey Jr., and Greg Vaughn.
    This is sort of a non-point since two of the three are no longer here and Cameron never played with Griffey, Jr.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    What's Antonio Perez doing these days?
    I don't know if you're just being facetious but the nationals actually signed him last week

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Doesn't Cameron have to end up in Washington for the sake of the "Nati" rule?
    Yes.

Turn Off Ads?