Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reds interested in Mike Cameron?

Re: Reds interested in Mike Cameron?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Cameron wants (demands) a multi-year deal. It's the sticking point as to why he hasn't resigned with S.D.

Unless the Reds have a sure-fire deal to get a solid starter, and the deal involves a Hamilton, then I'd simply pass on Cameron.

And even if we trade a Hamilton - couldn't a more suitable (and more affordable) replacement be found other then overpaying for a Cameron? I think so.

I have no problem giving Cameron 2-3 years. There's simply a shortage of good CF around. That's why Bruce and Hamilton might get us a good starting pitcher. That's why other teams want Bruce/Hamilton more than Votto.

It's simply the most efficent way to get a starting pitcher.
    I really question whether Hamilton will outperform Cameron over the next two years anyhow. He might, but it's not a given.

Give Cameron 2-3 years. The Reds will make good use of him during that time period.. Remember that Jr is likely gone after this year. Dunn might be gone, but if he stays, we'll benefit from Cameron being around.

I actually think Cordero is more of a risk to decline or get hurt than Cameron is in 3 years from now, despite the age difference.
    Cameron is an amazing athlete, who should still be able to play decent defense in 3 years.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

From a San Diego Union-Tribune blog:
    (Could the unnamed team potentially interested if they make a trade refer to the Reds?)

Padres: No on Cameron

Negotiations between the Padres and center fielder Mike Cameron are over, Cameron's agent said this afternoon. Cameron will sign with a club other than the Padres.
    "In the end we were just not able to reach agreement with the Padres," agent Mike Nicotera said. "They are moving in another direction as are we. There was just never a meeting of the minds with him. It was certainly amicable."

The team's regular center fielder the last two seasons, Cameron batted .242 with 21 home runs, 31 doubles and 78 RBI and a club-record 160 strikeouts last season, then entered free agency in November.
    Cameron, who turns 35 in January, will sit out the first 25 games of the 2008 season because he tested positive for a banned stimulant a second time. The Padres will get a compensatory draft pick for losing Cameron.
    Nicotera has said Cameron's options may expand if another unidentified club makes a trade, and he said Friday that he expects trade activity to pick up.
    Last edited by Mainspark; 12-14-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspark View Post
    From a San Diego Union-Tribune blog:
    (Could the unnamed team potentially interested if they make a trade refer to the Reds?)

Nicotera has said Cameron's options may expand if another unidentified club makes a trade, and he said Friday that he expects trade activity to pick up.
    The Reds trading Hamilton or the Cards dealing Edmonds?

Turn Off Ads?