Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

Reds1990

Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

When are we going to get smart and lock him up long term? He needs to be the face of this franchise for the near future and beyond.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

He was on WLW last night as they broadcast some from Redsfest.
    He was asked if he liked to fish or hunt during offseason and he said no.
    Host said something like" you dont like to hunt deer"?
    BP replied "why would I want to hurt Bambi ? Bambi never hurt me"
    He was having a good time with it. Also host told him, Votto was just on and asked what he learned this past season in the bigs.
    Votto said he learned alot about having a love for the game from guys like BP.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Also host told him, Votto was just on and asked what he learned this past season in the bigs.
    Votto said he learned alot about having a love for the game from guys like BP.

We should trade Phillips to a team that has more guys that love the game. Phillips doesn't fit in here with his love of the game, with all our non-love of the game other players.
    Who's on first?

Phillips had no problem saying he was the best all around player on the reds last year

Its a scary comment to make but I loved it.

sure lets lock him up LTC but only give him the proper ammount...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Recovering Cubs Fan

Let's lock him up and not let him out til he learns to take a walk.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Let's lock him up and not let him out til he learns to take a walk.
    amen
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

We control him for three more years, why the rush to give him a ton of money?

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    We control him for three more years, why the rush to give him a ton of money?
    because he is going to get some serious raises

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    He was on WLW last night as they broadcast some from Redsfest.
    He was asked if he liked to fish or hunt during offseason and he said no.
    Host said something like" you dont like to hunt deer"?
    BP replied "no, I'm black"
    Stupid question really, Just because Dunn hunts and fishes doesn't mean the whole team does.
    Last edited by mole44; 12-09-2007 at 02:53 AM. Reason: hit post too early..

I say let him have another have another great season and if he does, then ink him up!!

We definatley need to keep him, I get so tired of hearing about the Reds trading good players for a couple of o.k. players in hopes that they turn into great ones, it never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MojoRisin View Post
    We definatley need to keep him, I get so tired of hearing about the Reds trading good players for a couple of o.k. players in hopes that they turn into great ones, it never works.

Jim Bowden got us for that up in Wash.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    because he is going to get some serious raises
    He will get expensive towards the end of his arb year but I would guess he'll be pretty affordable this year.

Right now we are totally risk free, if it turns out last year was a fluke it's no skin off our backs. If he comes out in 2008 and gives a repeat of 2007, I'd start thinking LTC. Just don't see the point in giving him a big money deal based on one season, it's not like we have to pay him right now to keep him on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    He will get expensive towards the end of his arb year but I would guess he'll be pretty affordable this year.

Right now we are totally risk free, if it turns out last year was a fluke it's no skin off our backs. If he comes out in 2008 and gives a repeat of 2007, I'd start thinking LTC. Just don't see the point in giving him a big money deal based on one season, it's not like we have to pay him right now to keep him on the team.
    I'm going off the assumption that a LTC doesn't have to be big money, although I don't think that is realistic...

Turn Off Ads?