Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

  1. #1
    Reds1990
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    116

    Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    When are we going to get smart and lock him up long term? He needs to be the face of this franchise for the near future and beyond.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    He was on WLW last night as they broadcast some from Redsfest.
    He was asked if he liked to fish or hunt during offseason and he said no.
    Host said something like" you dont like to hunt deer"?
    BP replied "why would I want to hurt Bambi ? Bambi never hurt me"
    He was having a good time with it. Also host told him, Votto was just on and asked what he learned this past season in the bigs.
    Votto said he learned alot about having a love for the game from guys like BP.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Also host told him, Votto was just on and asked what he learned this past season in the bigs.
    Votto said he learned alot about having a love for the game from guys like BP.

    We should trade Phillips to a team that has more guys that love the game. Phillips doesn't fit in here with his love of the game, with all our non-love of the game other players.
    Who's on first?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Phillips had no problem saying he was the best all around player on the reds last year

    Its a scary comment to make but I loved it.

  6. #5
    WOOOOO!!! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    sure lets lock him up LTC but only give him the proper ammount...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  7. #6
    Recovering Cubs Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    711

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Let's lock him up and not let him out til he learns to take a walk.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

  8. #7
    WOOOOO!!! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Let's lock him up and not let him out til he learns to take a walk.
    amen
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  9. #8
    Member SMcGavin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,483

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    We control him for three more years, why the rush to give him a ton of money?

  10. #9
    WOOOOO!!! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    We control him for three more years, why the rush to give him a ton of money?
    because he is going to get some serious raises
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    monroe, OH
    Posts
    436

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    He was on WLW last night as they broadcast some from Redsfest.
    He was asked if he liked to fish or hunt during offseason and he said no.
    Host said something like" you dont like to hunt deer"?
    BP replied "no, I'm black"
    Stupid question really, Just because Dunn hunts and fishes doesn't mean the whole team does.
    Last edited by mole44; 12-09-2007 at 02:53 AM. Reason: hit post too early..

  12. #11
    Member crazybob60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    968

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    I say let him have another have another great season and if he does, then ink him up!!

  13. #12
    Viva La Rose! Mr.MojoRisin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    119

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    We definatley need to keep him, I get so tired of hearing about the Reds trading good players for a couple of o.k. players in hopes that they turn into great ones, it never works.

  14. #13
    Member crazybob60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    968

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MojoRisin View Post
    We definatley need to keep him, I get so tired of hearing about the Reds trading good players for a couple of o.k. players in hopes that they turn into great ones, it never works.

    Jim Bowden got us for that up in Wash.

  15. #14
    Member SMcGavin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,483

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    because he is going to get some serious raises
    He will get expensive towards the end of his arb year but I would guess he'll be pretty affordable this year.

    Right now we are totally risk free, if it turns out last year was a fluke it's no skin off our backs. If he comes out in 2008 and gives a repeat of 2007, I'd start thinking LTC. Just don't see the point in giving him a big money deal based on one season, it's not like we have to pay him right now to keep him on the team.

  16. #15
    WOOOOO!!! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: Brabdon Phillips Lock him up!

    Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    He will get expensive towards the end of his arb year but I would guess he'll be pretty affordable this year.

    Right now we are totally risk free, if it turns out last year was a fluke it's no skin off our backs. If he comes out in 2008 and gives a repeat of 2007, I'd start thinking LTC. Just don't see the point in giving him a big money deal based on one season, it's not like we have to pay him right now to keep him on the team.
    I'm going off the assumption that a LTC doesn't have to be big money, although I don't think that is realistic...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25