Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brewers Close To Signing Gagne

Brewers Close To Signing Gagne

From MLB.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2007&fext=.jsp

Still trying to figure out if this is good or bad news for the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brewers Close To Signing Gagne

id say its probably a good thing

They really have been working on improving their bullpen since they lost Cordero. Solomon Torres is leaning toward retirement, so the Brewers might lose 2 draft picks there.

I wish he would have signed here. He wasn't bad at all in Texas last year. That is a similar park to GABP when you factor in that he was in the AL too.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

ESPN reports it's a one year deal worth $10M. No way Gagne is worth $10M.

It wasn't just the pressure of playing for Boston that was his problem. His collapse started even before he was traded to Boston.

In the month before the trade, he had an ERA 5 close to while pitching for the Rangers. It looks like he had a hard time the second time through the league.

I don't see how this can be a good thing for us since its only a 1 yr deal so its low risk...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

I think Gagne just got tired as the season went on, coming back from an injury and rehab. I think he'll be in better condition this next season and start getting back to his old form.
    Who's on first?

Remember that the Brew Crew also lost their other late-inning guy in Scott Linebrink. The still have the fastballer in Derrick Turnbow. And didn't they also sign another late inning guy as well on top of Gagne and Turnbow like last week? Yeah, David Riske....so I would say they have added in a lot and if Turnbow can't resume his closers role that he had lost, I bet that Riske will be next in line and not Gagne, but who knows, I could be totally in the wrong there!

You are incorrect.

Its Gagne, Riske, Turnbow in the 9,8,7

Turn Off Ads?