Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Still Think They Can Get Bedard

Reds Still Think They Can Get Bedard

From Fay's Blog:

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...l-not-dead.asp

"Just finished my Sunday Insider for the paper. Here's the cliff notes version: The Reds still think they can get a deal done for Erik Bedard. They're not going to give up Jay Bruce to get one done, however.

That would mean Homer Bailey would likely be in the package. I'm guessing here but I think it would take Bailey, Joey Votto and a top prospect to get the deal done.

Would you make that trade? I think Bailey could develop into a No. 1 or 2 type. But Bedard's already there and he's left-handed.

And, by the way, they're still counting the numbers from Redsfest, but attendance is going to be over 20,000 -- a record."

Wow. I can't imagine the Orioles would give up Bedard without getting Bruce, but if WK can make it happen....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Still Think They Can Get Bedard

Where is he getting that info - from WK? ....doubt it...
    I'm glad we're still aiming high though, I thought from recent comments that WK was getting discourages and trying only for the Tomko, Wells, Leiber field

Would you do Bailey, Hamilton, and Votto for Bedard? I wouldn't.

Is there a more strangely run ballclub than the Orioles? What exactly has their plan been for the last, whatever, 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    No way those three. Bailey and Hamilton would be a hard trigger to pull, but maybe.... Votto? No way. I really find it difficult to trade Bailey. We've all ranted about how poor the Reds have been at developing pitchers, and to give up one who's finally at the cusp?

No i wouldnt do it either

I would trade any combination of two out of those three and throw in a mid-level prospect in a heartbeat, but not all three of them.

I would also want to try to get Bedard locked up for a few more years, wouldn't make that trade for a one-year rental.

This sounds really encouraging. Bedard is the real deal. I had him on my fantasy team last summer and I think he could have won the Cy Young if he hadn't got hurt towards the end.

hes got 2 years left before hes a FA btw

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    hes got 2 years left before hes a FA btw
    Thanks for the info, wasn't sure on that.

np

If the Reds could get Bedard to sign a LTC I would have no problem parting with Bailey, Hamilton, and Votto. Bedard is a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    Where is he getting that info - from WK? ....doubt it...
    I'm glad we're still aiming high though, I thought from recent comments that WK was getting discourages and trying only for the Tomko, Wells, Leiber field
    Exactly ! I still think WK is out to get a top-notch pitcher because the boss said get somethin done. We got Baker and Cordero and I cant believe he will settle for a Tomko type. Maybe as a #5 but not as a main aquisition !

What happened in September with Bedard last year? His last start was in Aug. Why such low innings and he's never made more than 28 starts?

Wonder if he'd be there in October if he helped get us to October.

I don't think I'd trade Bruce or Bailey for him. Maybe Hamilton, Votto, Maloney

Oops guess Bedard made 33 starts in 06, but still I wonder about his durability.

got alil captain in u?

if we get bedard we have to be one of the favorites in the central. I like the rest of you think we can get bedard with the combo of 2 of those 3 not all three. I'd hate to lose prospects but i wanan win now im sick of the losing.

Turn Off Ads?