Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian Bale to star in Terminator 4

Christian Bale to star in Terminator 4

Bale to segue from "Dark Knight" to "Terminator" By Borys Kit
    Sun Dec 2, 1:17 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Christian Bale is in negotiations to star in "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," the fourth installment of the hit science fiction series.

McG ("Charlie's Angels," "We Are Marshall") is directing the movie, which will be distributed by Warner Bros.

The series, which originated with filmmaker James Cameron and made Arnold Schwarzenegger a star, centered on a robot from the future, when machines wage war against humanity, whose goal was to kill Sarah Connor, the mother of the future leader of the human resistance. As the movies progressed, the son, played by Edward Furlong in "T2" and Nick Stahl in "T3," took a more prominent role.

"T4's" story, by David Campbell Wilson, John Brancato and Michael Ferris, focuses on John Connor, now in his 30s, as he leads what is left of the human race against the machines.

Bale, who appeared this year in "3:10 to Yuma," "Rescue Dawn" and "I'm Not There," is currently filming Warner's "Batman Begins" sequel, "The Dark Knight."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Re: Christian Bale to star in Terminator 4

Sweet. Bale is my hero, and the Terminator series is one of my favorites. I'll be anticipating this one for awhile.

Apparently this movie will wisely ignore all events of T3 and the upcoming TV series.
    Go Gators!

Christian Bale is my favorite actor. Perhaps the greatest character actor working in Hollywood today. And the Terminator movie series is my favorite movie franchise of all time. Can't, can't CAN'T wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Apparently this movie will wisely ignore all events of T3 and the upcoming TV series.
    I don't think it is ignoring the events of T3. No reason to. It all fits into the chronology/mythology of the Terminator story-line.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I don't think it is ignoring the events of T3. No reason to. It all fits into the chronology/mythology of the Terminator story-line.
    Eh not really, T3 changed up a lot of stuff to make it fit in the modern day..bleh.

Anyway the "will ignore T3" stuff comes from another rumor site, so maybe it won't be true.
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Christian Bale = Great Actor

McG = Awful Director

Something will have to give.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Christian Bale = Great Actor

McG = Awful Director

Something will have to give.
    I thought he did a good job with We Are Marshall. Maybe there's something I don't know.

But yeah Bale is about the best actor working. I probably would have never seen The Machinist if he wasn't in it, and I think it was one of his best performances.

Christian Bale is my favorite actor. Perhaps the greatest character actor working in Hollywood today. And the Terminator movie series is my favorite movie franchise of all time. Can't, can't CAN'T wait.
    I think you're the one that told me in the chat a few weeks ago that Chris Bale was going to be John Conner. Anyway he's my favorite actor too. I loved him as Batman and I'm sure I'll love him as John Conner.
    Most Vottomatic Player

I'm becoming a big Bale fan also. I think one of his best movies, which isn't mentioned much, is The Prestige.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

My only problem with Christian Bale is he seems to always play guys with questionable sanity, (American Psycho, Harsh Times, The Machinist, Rescue Dawn, and to a lesser extent Equilibrium) and even his 'normal' characters have a touch of the unbalanced to them. He's really good at playing these characters, but I think the John Connor role calls for a more stable, sane character while the world around him is insane. He wouldn't be my first choice for the role, but I am interested to see how he does.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    My only problem with Christian Bale is he seems to always play guys with questionable sanity, (American Psycho, Harsh Times, The Machinist, Rescue Dawn, and to a lesser extent Equilibrium) and even his 'normal' characters have a touch of the unbalanced to them. He's really good at playing these characters, but I think the John Connor role calls for a more stable, sane character while the world around him is insane. He wouldn't be my first choice for the role, but I am interested to see how he does.

I don't know, John Connor as a kid sure wasn't stable in T2. T3 either.

I like John Connor with an edge. The ordinary man thrust into extraordinary circumstances.

If they get a good script, Bale could turn it into another 2 or 3 sequel franchise.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I don't know, John Connor as a kid sure wasn't stable in T2. T3 either.

I like John Connor with an edge. The ordinary man thrust into extraordinary circumstances.

If they get a good script, Bale could turn it into another 2 or 3 sequel franchise.
    They've already announced that this is the beginning of a planned second trilogy, RFS.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Tell us more about the TV series. It is the first I have heard about it.

Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?