Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rangers reach deal with Milton Bradley

Rangers reach deal with Milton Bradley

Rangers Reach Deal With Bradley

MLB.com is reporting that the Rangers have come to terms with outfielder Milton Bradley on what appears to be a one-year deal. Its base worth is $5 million, though Bradley can earn a few incentives.

Of course, there's still the issue of Bradley's knee. He suffered a torn ACL towards the end of the season in that strange scuttle with Mike Winters and Padres manager Bud Black. Some reports have Bradley being ready by Opening Day, some have him sitting out the first month of the season.

Not that we could have expected it, but this report gives us no further insight into Bradley's health condition. It does mention, though, that Bradley has to take a physical. I would certainly hope so.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rangers reach deal with Milton Bradley

Great deal by the Rangers. He's good when he plays, and he now 100% guarantees Sosa won't return. Hopefully no one signs Sosa.

Classic Rangers signing. The guy has been in the bigs since 2000 and has played a full season ONCE. It was in 2004 and his OPS was .786. If anybody makes Griffey look like the picture of health it is Milton Bradley. Typical short sighted thinking by the Rangers organization. I guess they couldn't come to an agreement with Juan Gonzalez.

He's a headcase, I would have spent my money elsewhere.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Classic Rangers signing. The guy has been in the bigs since 2000 and has played a full season ONCE. It was in 2004 and his OPS was .786. If anybody makes Griffey look like the picture of health it is Milton Bradley. Typical short sighted thinking by the Rangers organization. I guess they couldn't come to an agreement with Juan Gonzalez.
    thats why it is a one year deal...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Turn Off Ads?