Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 08 Big Red Machine Reunion?

08 Big Red Machine Reunion?

While standing in line for an autograph on Saturday, someone told me there is a BRM scheduled for November 2008. They also said there have been previous reunion events in the Cincinnati area, but I must have missed all the press for the event.

Can anyone confirm there may an event scheduled next year for the BRM and maybe give some specific information if possible.

I, for one, do not want to miss this if it happens.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 08 Big Red Machine Reunion?

Why not make it during the season?

I figured there would be one in either 2010 or 2011 commemorating the 35th anniversary of the '75 and '76 teams.

I heard the same thing at Redsfest...not sure how credible, but there were rumblings about it. Hopefully, this happens!

Every home game this year is going to remind you of the big red machine

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Every home game this year is going to remind you of the big red machine
    Lets hope so, i'm only 20 years old, so i would kill to see a team like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Yea im 23 and ive been watching the 75 WS dvds and its blowing my mind.

http://www.ceisports.com/

The info is at this web site. I am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    You'll never see another team like that in Cincinnati unless they're visiting, due to financial constraints.

The whole team of position players were all-stars.

C - Johnny Bench - greatest catcher of all time
    1B - Tony Perez - Mr. Clutch with a zillion RBI's
    2B - Joe Morgan - in the conversation of greatest second basemen of all time. Hall of Famer.
    SS - Dave Concepcion - greatest SS of his generation.
    3B - Pete Rose - all time hits leader. Should be in HOF.
    LF - George Foster - classic home run hitter. Feared at the time.
    CF - Cesar Geronimo - greatest defensive CFer of his generation and hit .307 during one of the World Championship seasons.
    RF - Ken Griffey Sr. - perennial .300 plus hitter that made things happen.

Pedro Borbon - is mentioned in the movie "Airplane" in one sequence............

I went to once back in 1991 and got the Great Eight, as well as Billingham, Borbon, McEnaney, Eastwick, Driessen, Nolan. It was great to be able to meet all my hero's during the day. It was at the Sabian Convention Center, which is now the Duke Energy Center in downtown Cincy.

I will say that I really think they should do a reunion for both the Big Red Machine and the 1990 World Champion team at the same time in 2010. It would be the 35th year for the '75 team and the 20th year for the 1990 team. I think that would be really cool.

I'd love to see the Nasty Boys, Jose Rijo, Tom Browning, Sabo, Larkin, Eric Davis, etc......along with the Big Red Machine.

Honoring these two teams who have brought us basically our only highlights of the past 35 years would be really something special, IMHO.

Thanks for the info Carbo, this is going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    You'll never see another team like that in Cincinnati unless they're visiting, due to financial constraints.

The whole team of position players were all-stars.

C - Johnny Bench - greatest catcher of all time
    1B - Tony Perez - Mr. Clutch with a zillion RBI's
    2B - Joe Morgan - in the conversation of greatest second basemen of all time. Hall of Famer.
    SS - Dave Concepcion - greatest SS of his generation.
    3B - Pete Rose - all time hits leader. Should be in HOF.
    LF - George Foster - classic home run hitter. Feared at the time.
    CF - Cesar Geronimo - greatest defensive CFer of his generation and hit .307 during one of the World Championship seasons.
    RF - Ken Griffey Sr. - perennial .300 plus hitter that made things happen.

Pedro Borbon - is mentioned in the movie "Airplane" in one sequence............
    Hard to believe but the "small market" team had the highest payroll in Baseball.

How much has it been to get in, or can you get in?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

They had this info posted on one of the big signs for this company, CEI Sports somewhere in the middle of the convention center or thereabouts where they were selling memoribilia. They had the date and the 8 starting players listed and then it said more added later or something to that effect. I hope they get some of the starting and relief pitchers added in as well...that would be real nice!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    They had this info posted on one of the big signs for this company, CEI Sports somewhere in the middle of the convention center or thereabouts where they were selling memoribilia. They had the date and the 8 starting players listed and then it said more added later or something to that effect. I hope they get some of the starting and relief pitchers added in as well...that would be real nice!
    What would really be a feat would be if they could somehow locate Manny Sarmiento. (Discovered by Davey). Of all the BRM he is the toughest autograph to find. Anyone that has it, has a real rarity. He has dropped off the planet. Has anybody ever heard anything of his whereabouts?

Turn Off Ads?