Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darren McFadden and the Cincinnati Bengals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Darren McFadden and the Cincinnati Bengals

Now let me just start out by saying that I know the Bengals have more pressing needs than another RB.

But as it stands the Bengals have the number 9 pick in the draft. So let me say this: Hypothetically, if McFadden was available at the number 9 spot, would anyone else, like myself, want deep down inside for them to take him, even with the defense in shambles?

Now I realize there's no way he gets past NE at the number 2 pick (what a joke of a punishment). But I thought I'd indulge this selfish thought on my behalf, and see what the rest of you have to say.

Re: Darren McFadden and the Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Now let me just start out by saying that I know the Bengals have more pressing needs than another RB.

But as it stands the Bengals have the number 9 pick in the draft. So let me say this: Hypothetically, if McFadden was available at the number 9 spot, would anyone else, like myself, want deep down inside for them to take him, even with the defense in shambles?

Now I realize there's no way he gets past NE at the number 2 pick (what a joke of a punishment). But I thought I'd indulge this selfish thought on my behalf, and see what the rest of you have to say.

I'm no Bengals fan but if by some miracle he's there at #9 you have to take him. I think the Bengals problems at RB are due more to the offensive line but a guy like that you have to take no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Despite the success that they are having with Marion Barber, the Cowboys will wind up trading their two 1st rounders to the Dolphins (who need them) and taking McFadden #1 overall. Jerry Jones will not pass up on a fellow Razorback who was Heisman runner-up the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Despite the success that they are having with Marion Barber, the Cowboys will wind up trading their two 1st rounders to the Dolphins (who need them) and taking McFadden #1 overall. Jerry Jones will not pass up on a fellow Razorback who was Heisman runner-up the last two seasons.

Speaking as a Dolphins fan, I think I could get behind this move.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

He won't be there at #9.

With any luck, neither will the Bengals. They really, really need a top 5 pick to make a difference.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Unless the Bengals can make it to #2 it won't matter.

I would never take another first round running back with our luck. Hopefully Perry, Watson, and Irons will take charge. I would like to see Irons pan out.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

As much as I love his game--and I love it ALOT--I would take Dorsey. (if both were available)

If Dorsey was gone, then yeah, I'd prolly take him.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    As much as I love his game--and I love it ALOT--I would take Dorsey. (if both were available)

If Dorsey was gone, then yeah, I'd prolly take him.
    Dorsey really scares me and I hope he is gone before the Bengals pick. He is an excellent player but has been very injury prone the last two years. Do the Bengals really need another injured defensive player?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Dorsey really scares me and I hope he is gone before the Bengals pick. He is an excellent player but has been very injury prone the last two years. Do the Bengals really need another injured defensive player?
    I see what you're saying, but Dorsey is one of those few talents that I say "to hell with it" and roll the dice.

Honestly, if they can't land a high-impact player with their pick, I'd be perfectly alright with them trading their first rounder for more later picks.

Hell, we normally only get on-field production from our latter picks anyway.

Most mock drafts have the Bengals taking DT Sedrick Ellis from USC or James Laurinaitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Most mock drafts have the Bengals taking DT Sedrick Ellis from USC or James Laurinaitis.
    I think it will be either of these two or Chris Long, the DE from Virginia (and Howie's son). I wouldn't be shocked if the Dolphins went QB and the Patriots traded down with the Cowboys, who will then grab McFadden. If that's the case and Dorsey slides to #3, I would love for the Bengals to trade up and grab him. Otherwise, I'd be content with Ellis, Long, or Laurinitis.

Dorsey or Ellis would address the Bengals' biggest need. Chris Long would be the long term replacement for Justin Smith. Laurinitis would be the 4th guy I'd take because ILB is less of a need with Brooks, Jones, and Thurman hopefully all returning.
    Last edited by Benihana; 12-11-2007 at 07:30 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

No way do I want a RB with the #1 pick. As a fan of the SEC I know how good McFadden is but he's not worth a #1 pick on this team.

I'm with Wily Mo, I want Glen Dorsey and I dont care who else is available at that spot.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I've got a buddy who's a huge Eagles fan. Each year we have a bet for a case of beer over whose team will have the better record. This is the first time in several years that both of us want the other guy to win.

Turn Off Ads?