Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darren McFadden and the Cincinnati Bengals

Re: Darren McFadden and the Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Darren McFadden is the best running back to come out since LaDainian Tomlinson, period.

The Bengals running game is in shambles with a ton of question marks. The offense right now is very explosive, could you imagine if Palmer had McFadden in the backfield?

I think McFadden to NE isnt the lock that people think. The linebackers are getting older and Laurianitis could make an impact there. They could trade down and stockpile more picks and add veteran players.

If I am Cincinnati, I am looking at adding players to make a switch to a 3-4 defense. If Sedrick Ellis is there, take him.
    How many seasons have we been calling for the 3-4 now, Wv?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    To add to your thought, Yacht: How bad does the Willie extension look in light of what we could have had with Steinbach? We kept the wrong player. Personally, I thought they should have traded Justin Smith for whatever they could get for him, possibly a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A high motor doesn't matter if you can't pressure the quarterback. Doh.
    As much as I appreciate what Willie has done for the Bengals, I don't notice many other NFL teams giving out big extensions as a reward for past contributions. Most teams pay for the performance they expect to get during the life of the contract. I think Willie would have been a cap casualty by now if it were another team.

I thought the franchise tag was either to use to trade Smith or keep him around while we got his replacement ready. Doesn't look like the Bengals did either one of those.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    As much as I appreciate what Willie has done for the Bengals, I don't notice many other NFL teams giving out big extensions as a reward for past contributions. Most teams pay for the performance they expect to get during the life of the contract. I think Willie would have been a cap casualty by now if it were another team.

I thought the franchise tag was either to use to trade Smith or keep him around while we got his replacement ready. Doesn't look like the Bengals did either one of those.
    That's why we're the Bengals. :

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    That would shock me more than anything the Pats have ever done.
    If NE actually had a good running back they would beat everyone by 30.

Believe it or not Morris and Maroney aren't all they are hyped up to be. NE has a great O-line and they will continue to bring in nobodies, build up their value., and trade them out for position players. The Broncos also do this. (portis, bell)

Who else would NE draft?

McFadden is going to be special.

Darren McFadden is the best running back to come out since LaDainian Tomlinson, period.

The Bengals running game is in shambles with a ton of question marks. The offense right now is very explosive, could you imagine if Palmer had McFadden in the backfield?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson anybody?

I repeat. The Cowboys will draft McFadden. They were talking about it before this season even started. Google "Darren McFadden" and Dallas Cowboys and you get over 44,000 sites. You really get the sense down here in Texas that's what they are wanting to do and it would explain one of the reasons why they picked up that extra 1st rounder from the Browns in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    If NE actually had a good running back they would beat everyone by 30.

Believe it or not Morris and Maroney aren't all they are hyped up to be. NE has a great O-line and they will continue to bring in nobodies, build up their value., and trade them out for position players. The Broncos also do this. (portis, bell)

Who else would NE draft?

I can't really picture them drafting anyone that high. Top 5 picks cost too much to sign. And they need to do something about their LBs.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I think McFadden to NE isnt the lock that people think. The linebackers are getting older and Laurianitis could make an impact there. They could trade down and stockpile more picks and add veteran players.

If I am Cincinnati, I am looking at adding players to make a switch to a 3-4 defense. If Sedrick Ellis is there, take him.
    Period? That guy named Adrian Peterson is better than McFadden.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

If he's available at #9, you clearly must trade down to a team that needs him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Period? That guy named Adrian Peterson is better than McFadden.
    Peterson isn't the pass catcher that McFadden is. Plus with the Wild Hog formation at Arkansas(doubt it would be used in the NFL for McFadden), he has also thrown for some TD's, he can do it all.

Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson anybody?
    I don't see what the Detroit Lions drafting four wideouts have to do with talking about McFadden's talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    I repeat. The Cowboys will draft McFadden. They were talking about it before this season even started. Google "Darren McFadden" and Dallas Cowboys and you get over 44,000 sites. You really get the sense down here in Texas that's what they are wanting to do and it would explain one of the reasons why they picked up that extra 1st rounder from the Browns in 2008.
    No one gets him in 2008, he will stay in Collage

No but seriously, I have heard about the Cowboys doing some kind of trade but that was earlier in the season. They have some strong backs that have impressed not sure if they will still go after him. I say he will be pick #2 (Miami go with the monster from LSU)

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Unless they trade up, no shot of it happening. The Browns doing as decent as they have done has pretty much nixed that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRELEFT View Post
    No one gets him in 2008, he will stay in Collage

No but seriously, I have heard about the Cowboys doing some kind of trade but that was earlier in the season. They have some strong backs that have impressed not sure if they will still go after him. I say he will be pick #2 (Miami go with the monster from LSU)
    I could easily see the Pats trading the #2 pick to the Cowboys for some combination of one of their current RBs and/or a LB, and/or other picks. I wouldn't be shocked if they have a Parcells-leftover type LB lying around who would be a better Pats fit than he is a Cowboys fit.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I could easily see the Pats trading the #2 pick to the Cowboys for some combination of one of their current RBs and/or a LB, and/or other picks. I wouldn't be shocked if they have a Parcells-leftover type LB lying around who would be a better Pats fit than he is a Cowboys fit.
    Could happen.
    I just don't see it. I think they stay were they r and take
    DMAC.
    However, we all know that, when it comes to the draft.
    No one know what is really going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRELEFT View Post
    However, we all know that, when it comes to the draft.
    No one know what is really going to happen.

Why do you hate Mel Kiper, Jr.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?