Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Petrino resigns as head coach of the Falcons to take Arkansas head coaching job

Bobby Petrino resigns as head coach of the Falcons to take Arkansas head coaching job

Wow, the similarities between Petrino and Pitino are scary.

He'll do well at Arkansas until he leaves after 2 years.
    Last edited by WMR; 12-11-2007 at 06:23 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bobby Petrino resigns as head coach of the Falcons to take Arkansas head coaching

what a worthless terrible guy

Re: Bobby Petrino resigns as head coach of the Falcons to take Arkansas head coaching

I don't think I've ever read about a guy who goes after more jobs than Petrino.

Wasn't his 4 years at Louisville filled a flirtation with 1 or 2 plus schools a year? Granted, Atlanta is a mess w/out Vick, but geesh...

Smart guy to realize it was never gonna work in Atlanta
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Smart guy to realize it was never gonna work in Atlanta
    He got screwed by Vick. You bring in a guy for the sole purpose of figuring out how to win with your extremely talented, but struggling QB and the dude gets himself locked up for 2 years and missing the season. Glad that he's jumping ship now so they can start the rebuild completely from scratch.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I don't think I've ever read about a guy who goes after more jobs than Petrino.
    You obviously aren't familiar with Rick Majerus or Larry Brown. Most coaches are ramblers. They start out as H.S. coaches always on the go looking for a better job and it continues throughout their careers. For all his faults, Ohio State was really lucky to have Coach Hayes for as long as they did. Same with Alabama and the Bear.

Wow. Atlanta is in a world of hurt.

Their like an expansion team now.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

He is alot like your boy Billy Gillispie or even Thad Matta as well, most coaches are opprotunnist (sp?) always looking for the next big job or contract. Its just reality.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

I don't get that comparison but it could be my bias. At least Pitino spent several flirtation free years at UK before leaving for multiple seasons with Boston. Anyway, this just confirms my belief that Petrino has zero integrity or loyalty in him. He tried to leave Louisville several times before leaving to coach the Falcons after signing a huge deal with Louisville. Then he only lasts 13 games before he bails on Atlanta for Arkansas.

I hope Arkansas fans realize who they're getting. He's a great coach but an awful person who will likely be somewhere else in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I don't get that comparison but it could be my bias. Anyway, this just confirms my belief that Petino has zero integrity or loyalty in him. He tried to leave Louisville several times before leaving to coach the Falcons after signing a huge deal with Louisville. Then he only lasts 13 games before he bails on Atlanta for Arkansas.

I hope Arkansas fans realize who they're getting. He's a great coach but an awful person who will likely be somewhere else in two years.
    Has he killed anyone? Does he kick dogs and treat old people badly? Calling him an awful person is a little much considering he is just switching jobs for crying tears.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Has he killed anyone? Does he kick dogs and treat old people badly? Calling him an awful person is a little much considering he is just switching jobs for crying tears.
    Maybe what I expect out of public figures is different than what you expect. As a Louisville fan, I listened to him reiterate his commitment to Louisville and his love for the city that he called his home. Then, two months later he was interviewing for another position. This didn't just happen once or twice but after every season. He met with Auburn in secret at an airport while they still had a head coach, his former boss Tommy Tuberville. Then, he signs a huge deal with Louisville and publicly committed himself to the fans that he was hear to stay. A month later he left for Atlanta. Now he has bailed on Atlanta after 13 games.

I realize that all coaches are opportunistic but few are as bad as Petrino. Additionally, from everything I've heard, he is a jerk in person and impossible to befriend. He is a liar and I don't back down from my earlier assessment of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Wow. Atlanta is in a world of hurt.

Their like an expansion team now.
    Yep...I've had a rough recent past in being a Falcons/Reds fan.

Guess Brohm is going to drop even farther in the draft now.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Those of you not in the Atlanta market have no idea what it's been like here in 2007. Football wise the city is dead. Right now it's every man for himself.

Although I still wish he never left Louisville, which I understand why he left, I am glad he left the Atlanta Falcons. Who would want to coach them?

Turn Off Ads?