Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go...Haren/D'backs get Haren

Re: Here we go...Haren

Here's to hoping this forces Baltimore to back off their demand of Jay Bruce...
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Cruisin' for trouble

Haren has been traded to Arizona per ESPN.

Day late, dollar short with the post

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Awwww crap.

Well, fingers are now crossed that either Kuroda goes to LA, or that WK goes after a reasonably priced mid-tier option like Capuano or Blanton and holds on to the good prospects. No panic-induced "THE TRADE" trades or stupid signings (I'm looking at you Carlos Silva) PLEASE.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 12-14-2007 at 06:41 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

How was Oakland's haul?

How'd they do?

Man Pills

Figured it was Bruce or no go with Oakland.

Arizona's setting themselves up for years of contention.

"PHOENIX -- The D-backs completed a deal to acquire right-handers Dan Haren and Connor Robertson from the A's in exchange for six prospects, it was announced Friday afternoon.
    In addition, the D-backs sent closer Jose Valverde to the Astros in exchange for infielder Chris Burke and right-handers Chad Qualls and Juan Gutierrez.

Included in the trade to Oakland are pitchers Brett Anderson, Greg Smith and Dana Eveland along with outfielders Carlos Gonzalez and Aaron Cunningham and first baseman Chris Carter."

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    How was Oakland's haul?

How'd they do?
    I saw this posted on another board

- The A's have completed a trade to send Dan Haren to the Diamondbacks along with pitcher Connor Robertson, The Chronicle has learned.

In exchange, Oakland will receive a total of six prospects, including outfielder Carlos Gonzalez and left-handers Brett Anderson and Greg Smith. Arizona's first-round pick in 2006, pitcher Max Scherzer, is not a part of the deal.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

D'Backs made 2 big trades:

To Arizona: P Dan Haren, P Connor Robertson
    To Oakland: P Brett Anderson, P Dana Eveland, P Greg Smith, 1B Chris Carter, OF Aaron Cunningham, OF Carlos Gonzalez

To Arizona: P Chad Qualls, UT Chris Burke, P Juan Gutierrez
    To Houston: P Jose Valverde
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Dan Haren and Chad Qualls would've both looked great in Cincinnati Red.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Here's to hoping this forces Baltimore to back off their demand of Jay Bruce...
    It sure should. There was some quality going to Oakland, but not a single player included resembles a starting point of Jay Bruce. Frankly, I think Hamilton, Bailey, and Cueto each represent more market value than any player the D'Backs gave up. And the A's had to give up a potentially useful power reliever (Connor Robertson) to sweeten the pot.

Not saying that Beane didn't do well. I think both teams did. Chris Carter pretty much had to find his way to a DH position, the OF talent acquired projects well, and the pitchers may be serviceable.

But that deal sure doesn't represent the kind of value the O's fans want for Bedard.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch thatís over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.Ē
    --Ted Williams

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Dan Haren and Chad Qualls would've both looked great in Cincinnati Red.
    There are teams that know what they want and know how to get it. And then there are those who don't.

Arizona's pitching is amazing, but what about their offense?? I would think they would be looking to imrpove their offense further first, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    It sure should. There was some quality going to Oakland, but not a single player included resembles a starting point of Jay Bruce. Frankly, I think Hamilton, Bailey, and Cueto each represent more market value than any player the D'Backs gave up. And the A's had to give up a potentially useful power reliever (Connor Robertson) to sweeten the pot.

Not saying that Beane didn't do well. I think both teams did. Chris Carter pretty much had to find his way to a DH position, the OF talent acquired projects well, and the pitchers may be serviceable.

But that deal sure doesn't represent the kind of value the O's fans want for Bedard.

That's what I'm thinking.

It looks like Wayne's been given a baseline of sorts. It could also help if talks for Blanton or Harden were to fire up (but what are the chances of that now that Haren's been traded?).

I'm hoping LA does indeed sign Kuroda. That would set things up even more for the Reds to nab Bedard.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Lots of very young players going to Oakland for Haren. Is Beane reloading for several years out? I expected him to go for 2009ish.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Arizona's pitching is amazing, but what about their offense?? I would think they would be looking to imrpove their offense further first, but I guess not.
    I think they are banking on guys like Upton, Young and Drew among others to step things up and give the offense a boost next season.

Turn Off Ads?