Worth The Wait

NFL Picks: Week 15

www.edkleese.blogspot.com

Last Week: 14-2
    Season: 134-74
    Record Picking Redskins Games: 8-5
    Against the Spread: 24-26-2
    Lock of the Week: 8-5

Last Week’s Pats: Hard to nit-pick a 14-2 record. In addition to picking a few upsets (Texans over Bucs), I also hit some point totals for specific teams (Bears, Browns, Patriots). Gotta bask in the glow of victorious weeks such as this one!

Last Week’s Apologies: The two New York teams messed me up. The Jets were unable to pull out the upset over Cleveland and the Giants proved to be too much for the Eagles.

This Week’s Picks:

Denver at Houston: A fun game. Basically, it’s a playoff game because the winner stays alive and the loser can start planning for 2008. I’ve been on the Texans bandwagon all season long and some week’s we’ve hit and others we’ve missed badly. This week, I’m leaning towards the slightly more experienced team and coaching staff to get the win. But it could go either way.

Broncos 26, Texans 24

Cincinnati at San Francisco: Both of these teams have been major flops this year, but right now, the Bengals at least still seem to be trying.

Bengals 31, 49ers 17

Atlanta at Tampa Bay: Can’t quite figure out if Bobby Petrino’s sudden change of heart hurts or helps the Falcons—both this season and beyond. My guess is that this adds one more distraction to a team that did not need anymore. Tampa in a rout.

Bucs 30, Falcons 10

Tennessee at Kansas City: The playoff ice is getting very thin in Tennessee. It appears the struggling Chiefs would be just what the doctor ordered, but I have a sneaking feeling that Kansas City is embarrassed after last week’s performance in Denver and will come out ready to play on Sunday. Will that be enough to knock off the Titans? Flip a coin.

Chiefs 20, Titans 17

Seattle at Carolina: The only thing that worries me here is that this is basically a totally meaningless game for Seattle. They wrapped up the division last week and don’t really have a shot at either of the top two spots in the NFC. In other words, Seattle is more or less “locked in” to their playoff slot with three games remaining. But Carolina is really bad right now.

Seahawks 23, Panthers 19

Green Bay at St. Louis: The Packers are doing their best to keep the heat on Dallas, but they are quickly running out of time. The Rams have played better as of late, but not nearly well enough to beat this Packer squad.

Packers 27, Rams 20

Baltimore at Miami: I’m finally starting to believe that it REALLY IS going to happen. The Ravens have nothing to play for other than not wanting to be the team that loses to the Dolphins. That’s motivation enough.

Ravens 22, Dolphins 16

New York Jets and New England: You think the Patriots are going to take it easy on the Jets and Mangini after “videogate?” Ha!

Patriots 49, Jets 13

Arizona at New Orleans: Another crucial game when it comes to that last wildcard slot in the NFC. The Saints looked wonderful on Monday night in Atlanta, but they’ve been up and down all year, so I wouldn’t read too much into that. Arizona laid an egg last week in Seattle, but I think they are the better team here.

Cardinals 28, Saints 24

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh: I REALLY want to pick an upset here, but every time I start believing in the Jaguars, they prove to be pretenders. Now, they have to prove themselves to me before I go out on a limb for them.

Steelers 21, Jaguars 17

Buffalo at Cleveland: Game of the week? Quite possibly. Not sure anyone would have guessed that back in September, but these two teams have been playing very good football the past several weeks and both are now primed to assert themselves as a playoff team. Going with Cleveland this week for two reasons: 1. Homefield. 2. Better quarterback.

Browns 29, Bills 20

Indianapolis at Oakland: Just taking a wild stab that Oakland makes a game out of this one.

Colts 31, Raiders 24

Detroit at San Diego: Perhaps last week’s comeback win in Tennessee was the final push the Chargers needed to become the team they should be? Either way, the disastrous Lions shouldn’t be able to derail them this week.

Chargers 34, Lions 21

Philadelphia at Dallas: Last week was the swan song for the Eagles season, and possibly the entire Reid/McNabb regime. So close, but sorry Philly fans, still no rings.

Cowboys 35, Eagles 20

Washington at New York Giants: The Redskins beat the Bears last week on guts, guile, and heart. I have a feeling they bring that same intensity and passion into the Meadowlands this week, but sometimes, that just isn’t enough. There has to be a reason Todd Collins has been on moth balls for ten years…right?

Giants 27, Redskins 14

Chicago at Minnesota: The Vikings are on a roll, and I don’t think the Bears figure out a way to stop them.

Vikings 24, Bears 13

4 To Score

1. Chiefs (+4) against the Titans. Banking on the Chiefs’ pride keeping them in this game at home.
    2. Broncos (even) against the Texans. I am always tempted by even spreads.
    3. Cardinals (+3.5) against New Orleans. Look for Arizona to win this one outright.
    4. Patriots (-23.5) against the Jets. The Pats may just shatter this spread.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL Picks: Week 15

What's the record for most points by a team? Whatever it is,New England has good chance to break it this week. You better believe Belichick will leave his starters in most of the game just to stick it to Mangini. I believe 70 points wouldn't be out of the question.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    What's the record for most points by a team? Whatever it is,New England has good chance to break it this week. You better believe Belichick will leave his starters in most of the game just to stick it to Mangini. I believe 70 points wouldn't be out of the question.
    I believe the record is 73 points-- set by the Bears against the Redskins in an early 1940's Championship Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I believe the record is 73 points-- set by the Bears against the Redskins in an early 1940's Championship Game.
    Regular season record is held by the Redskins, a 72-41 win over the Giants in 1966, which is also the highest scoring game overall with 113 total points.

If not for a blocked extra point in that game, they would've tied the Bears' record of 73 points.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Thanks. I thougt the 73 might be the record. I think if the Pats have about 40 at halftime Sunday they will go for it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

How funny would it be if the Jets pulled out an upset?

Turn Off Ads?