Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mark Hendrickson

Mark Hendrickson

has been non tendered by the Dodgers. Any interest as a 5th starter for the reds?
    Baseball is life

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Re: Mark Hendrickson

Count me in the Mark Hendrickson fan club!

He never really had a history of missing bats in his career, but he had a 6.6 K/9 last year, which is pretty good. His GB% isn't terrible- last year it was 44.1% and that was a career low. His FIP in 2007 was 3.99. He also has been pretty good at avoiding home runs, having been around 1 per 9 innings throughout his career. In conclusion, I think the Reds could have him for pretty cheap to take the #5 role, and he is left-handed. I think 150 innings with a 4.75 ERA and 100 strikeouts is obtainable...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

NOPE
    As a reliever.....
    He has a career 3.55 ERA as a reliever and has 64 SO in 71 IP\
    Sign him for 1 mil and see what he can do

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    NOPE
    As a reliever.....
    Wow, I expect more from you. ERA to judge a relief pitcher of that small of a sample size? At least you included strikeouts ...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    NOPE
    As a reliever.....
    Those aren't bad numbers. I the NL Central, that could go down .5 or so. Give him a shot.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

if anything his ERA goes up

He is a decent middle reliever, but outright terrible as a starter. He has a large enough sample size as a starter to judge.
    In 135 starts, a 1.47 WHIP, and a .342 OBP .461 SLG .803 OPS.

And last year, as a starter for the Dodgers, in the pitcher friendly NL West, he was even worse. 1.60 WHIP, .359 OBP .473 SLG .832 OPS.

The Reds need starters more than relievers, unless it is a minor league contract, I would pass.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    He is a decent middle reliever, but outright terrible as a starter. He has a large enough sample size as a starter to judge.
    In 135 starts, a 1.47 WHIP, and a .342 OBP .461 SLG .803 OPS.

And last year, as a starter for the Dodgers, in the pitcher friendly NL West, he was even worse. 1.60 WHIP, .359 OBP .473 SLG .832 OPS.

The Reds need starters more than relievers, unless it is a minor league contract, I would pass.
    Yes, I was mislead becuase he put up good stats as a reliever... Thanks to mlbfan30 and 757690 for straightening me out!

I say behind Mark Prior, he should the next non-tendered pitcher that the Reds should target. Heck, even if the Reds do sign Prior, I would still go after Hendrickson.

Stay away. This guy in NO Chris Young.

Thanks

Yeah, but he was a heck of a lot better Phil Dumatrait.

Turn Off Ads?