Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prior now a free agent

Senor Votto

Re: Reds stil in the hunt for Prior?

I'd give him an incentive based deal and that's it. Maybe give him an option for 09

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

i agree with degenerate incentive based contract would be the way to go for Prior. Dusty was not the one that ruined priors career, priors poor mechanics ruined his career. His legs injuries than hastened the strain on his arm. That's what did him in.

Prior is asking for only 1 year with all guaranteed. He's not going to accept a 2 year deal or an option in the deal.

Re: Prior now a free agent

Dusty had him with his 18 win season. I think it's a Fit!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    i agree with degenerate incentive based contract would be the way to go for Prior. Dusty was not the one that ruined priors career, priors poor mechanics ruined his career. His legs injuries than hastened the strain on his arm. That's what did him in.
    I don't know if Dusty did it or not but Prior was supposed to have a picture perfect motion and flawless mechanics. If Prior thought Dusty did it he would not even consider coming to the Reds, nor would he keep in contact with Dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredfan#1 View Post
    I don't know if Dusty did it or not but Prior was supposed to have a picture perfect motion and flawless mechanics. If Prior thought Dusty did it he would not even consider coming to the Reds, nor would he keep in contact with Dusty!
    Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    Interesting read about Prior's mechanics, and if you really look at Harrang's motion and the fact that he doesn't form a M with his shoulders than you can see the difference..

Link
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Any predictions on the dollars he will get for a 1 year deal??? I can see 4-5 Million.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Any predictions on the dollars he will get for a 1 year deal??? I can see 4-5 Million.
    me too

He's going to get around 8 mil

There is nobody gonna give Prior 8 Million Guaranteed...

Not even Steinbrenner...

Thanks

Turn Off Ads?