Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crosstown Shootout

Crosstown Shootout

Who ya got? Is this the least interested people have ever been in the Shootout (at least since Tony Yates was UC's head coach)?

I assume the Vegas line will open somewhere around 17 or 18.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Crosstown Shootout

The school that will go unnamed should roll over UC by 20 points. And that means absolutely nothing in the Crosstown Shootout.

It seems like this game ends in an upset more often than not.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

X by 20. Of course, I thought the same thing would happen last year too...

UC was at home last year, and strange things DO happen in the series. But this UC team is the worst team to play a Crosstown Shootout game since sometime in the 80s. It would be a miracle if the game is ever single-digits in the second half.

Strange things do happen in the Crosstown Shootout. I think UC should start Vaughn, Warren, Davis, Wilks, and McClain and press for 40 minutes. Pull out all the stops.

Nobody cares about the Crosstown blowout anymore, kinda sad.

I'm glad what is happening is happening. It's not going to change because of Yancy Gates either. He's lazy, lazy, and did I mention lazy? UC isn't a program that can win without a truly great coach. It's just too hard to recruit and sustain in Clifton and now being in the Big East. Say what you want about Hugs but he was a brilliant motivator and developed talent. He also knew how to get the best out of every player on his team that listened. Also he would take away whatever the opposing team did best on offense. He is a brilliant coaching mind.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Nobody cares about the Crosstown blowout anymore, kinda sad.

I'm glad what is happening is happening. It's not going to change because of Yancy Gates either. He's lazy, lazy, and did I mention lazy? UC isn't a program that can win without a truly great coach. It's just too hard to recruit and sustain in Clifton and now being in the Big East. Say what you want about Hugs but he was a brilliant motivator and developed talent. He also knew how to get the best out of every player on his team that listened. Also he would take away whatever the opposing team did best on offense. He is a brilliant coaching mind.
    You're glad? Why? Cronin's on his way to bringing in the level of talent needed to compete in the next 2-3 years, but you have to question if he is capable of coaching well enough.

From what I remember Huggins' didn't do so well when his kids had to make grades and Pitino and Calapari moved into the league either.

Right now I question whether UC can win another game this year. And Cronin needs to let go of poor players like Sikes and Gentry and just put Wilkes, Davis and Mitchell in the game and let them learn on the job. McClain's already getting his min's and should get more too.

Williamson is a big disappointment this year, and Vaughn isn't getting much done either, but needs to play.

Cronin needs to do a better job of coaching and getting his team together though, regardless, they should not be as bad as they are.

Losing Williams killed them, but the Bearcats will get him and 2 other top 50 types onboard next year and will start upping the talent level across the board. I hope then that there is a difference and some scorers step up.

Of course XU will toy with UC as they are obviously going nowhere this year, and are one of the worst D-I basketball teams I've seen in a long, long time at this point.

I also think Thomas should put a bug in Cronin's ear that he needs to do a better job, and put a little more urgency into the situation.

Getting splattered by Illinois State is not acceptable.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Am I the only XU fan here?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Am I the only XU fan here?
    Nope.
    Go Gators!

I thought this was a Bengals thread for a minute.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

X should win in a route.

However, what should happen usually doesn't in the Shootout.

This year....what should happen probably will.

UC will lose, but keep it close. I am a huge UC fan, so this is hard for me to say though.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    This year....what should happen probably will.
    Here's hoping you're right.

I hate Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    I hate Xavier.
    Join the crowd. Go UC!!!
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?