Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Santon

Reds1990

Mike Santon

In light of the news following the Mithcell Report should the Reds cut ties with Mike Stanton? I'm sure the steroids probably go back to his New York days but if he's been using them lately they've not help. I say cut his fat ass!!! Let the young guys pitch!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mike Santon

He should be cut since he sucks. But if they cut him right now, the MLBPA would prob make it a big deal, and make it a roids issue when it really shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by gobucks106 View Post
    I say cut his fat ass!!! Let the young guys pitch!
    AGREED
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

got alil captain in u?

he should be cut cause he's not very good anymore steroids are not.

He won't be cut because that will make Krivsky's failure, his ridiculous overpayment, too obvious.

Cut him.

I believe the only way to get rid of him is through a trade. If we cut him, and another team signs him and gives him 80+ appearances, the Reds will be required to pay for the vesting option in 2009. If he is traded, the contract becomes another team's problem.

Sue him for false advertisement

you can't start making this a witch hunt or the mccarthy hearings. at the time most of these players did this, mlb had no rules limiting the activity and/or turned a blind eye towards it. like mitchell said in the report, ownership and the commish should not drudge up the past but look forward and do a better job policing the drug activities.

this report should stop much of the use of the chemicals, let those who keep using get busted and forget about the sins of the past of those who stop. they will either be able to be competitive without the help or they will be dropped because of performance reasons.

that being said, i wonder why, if mitchell did not want selig to punish those on this list, did he then publish the names of players suspected of using?

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I believe the only way to get rid of him is through a trade. If we cut him, and another team signs him and gives him 80+ appearances, the Reds will be required to pay for the vesting option in 2009. If he is traded, the contract becomes another team's problem.
    I am pretty sure that isn't how that works. Is there anyway to check?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

remember last year when people would say he was a good veteran presence to have around for the younger relievers?

I would think that his contract could be voided if he is still using...or was using after steroids became illegal in baseball. Is there no escape clause from his contract?

I remember most people saying he would suck, and he did. Also chemicals are used all the time by every player, so I don't know what your trying to say.

I remember him getting a lot of blind support around here ifrom people after saying all along he sucked. And one justification for some was that they said he was a good guy to have around, to teach the younger guys like McBeth, Coutlangus, Bray's etc. Turns out not so much.

Mike Stanton *

Turn Off Ads?