Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Where to stay for Spring Training

Where to stay for Spring Training

Anyone have any suggestions. I'm thinking of making my first trip down there this coming Spring and I'm not familiar with the area. Any websites I should look at?
    Hotel or Condo?
    Anything close to the stadium/restaurants/bars?

Thanks for your response!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where to stay for Spring Training

I have only stayed in hotels one time since they moved to Sarasota, but I cant remember which one it was, other then it was a dump, and a lil drive from the stadium. When I was in college, I would throw a tent in the back of my car and drive down from NC to ST, and follow the team around to the various stadiums-best experience in my book.

Hilton on Longboat Key is a little way away, but it's really nice.

Try REDS spring training web site it has different hotels, motels, and condos. I stayed at super8 in Sarasota on Tamiama Trail and a Knights Inn same road.

Thanks!

Really depends on when you are there, and where the Reds are playing. They swing south to the Ft. Myers area at least once and north and east a couple times. Rooms are cheaper slightly off from the "hometowns", like in between Sarasota and wherever they are playing when you are there. Like, if they are playing Twins and Bosox as well as in Sarasota, Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda are going to be more reasonable, and half-way between Ft. Myers and Sarasota. (Nothing's cheap in Fla. in March, ST and SB!)

You got that right because of Spring break.
    Last edited by BEETTLEBUG; 12-16-2007 at 09:57 PM.

Turn Off Ads?